About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Big Changes

Exciting changes going on here. This past Sunday a friend asked if I would make a quilt for him for his wife for Christmas and several friends contacted me about commissioning me to crochet some items. Then a random woman contacted me about making a sweater for her 10 month old niece & also asked if I could do some drawing & painting in her home. I'm so excited!! I guess I really never thought selling my handmades would actually bring in some extra money.

The other big change is Ken was offered the local job with the company he works for...and he accepted the job yesterday. It's a pay cut but to have my hubby home every night would kick all sorts of fannie. We'll be making some sacrifices but we have no doubt those sacrifices are beyond worth it. I've always been drawn to the way our ancestors did things way back when & now we will be implementing more of those things. I can honestly tell you I get my kicks out of making things with my own 2 hands rather than purchasing at the store. Some of the things I have already implemented are homemade laundry detergent, cleaners, baking breads, preserving food, stockpiling, crocheting many items, mending clothes & we only have energy efficient light bulbs in our fixtures. I feel guilty purchasing anything at the store if it's not on sale or if I don't have a coupon for it and I only purchase it if it is absolutely necessary. Our stockpile in the basement pantry keeps us out of the stores as well. I will be making our dog & cat treats and hopefully baking all of our breads. We are huge on enjoying the outdoors & I'll tell you, Upper Michigan has some of the most gorgeous places if one just gets of their butt to experience. The added bonus is it's FREE!!! We're looking forward to being able to spend time with our friends & family, sitting around the table playing boardgames and just having a 'normal' life. I'm sure it'll be quite an adjustment as it's been almost 10 years since we had a daily structure but it shall be fun!!

No comments: