About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Funtastical weekend!!!

Our weekend started Thursday night when Ken got home. I had most everything all set so we could head to camp as soon as he got home. Well minus those strawberries I talked about.




What a fantastical weekend!! Haven’t had that much fun in I don’t know how long! Ken was a bit apprehensive about going but we both agree, it was a fabulous time & we’re so glad we went!





Thursday wasn’t too late of a night. By the time we got up there it was after 11pm. But, we slept in on Friday. Missed the parade in Happy Rock but the sleep was much needed. It was so nice to be able to relax & lay around doing odds & ends around camp on Friday. Friday night my in-laws deep fried some goodies. Deep fried pickles, onion rings, sweet potatoes & regular potatoes. Who knows why Ken & I even made dinner because we weren’t hungry after all the fun greasy stuff. While sitting at our table picking at our dinner Ken confessed that there was a surprise at home for me & that it was something that I’ve always wanted. Hmmmm what do I want? I have everything. I began guessing. It’s not like my sister & my new niece were at my house, not like my friend from NY was at my house, what could it be. I was pretty tired so I gave up & let it go. Well, it was buggin him so badly & he finally blurted out that I have to thank my sister in law. Right away I thought of Patti. She’s one to totally re-do her whole house every other year. Ken went on to tell me I am now the owner of a solid oak dining room table. We had a dining room table but nothing like what we’ve always wanted. Apparently Patti was going to throw it out!! Well, I am happy to report it looks totally fabulous in my dining room!! Our square farmer style table is in the screen porch. It’ll be soo swell to have breakfast out there & watch the birds.





We headed into Esky around 7ish or so. Maybe later. Ken was filthy so we stopped at home, fed the cats & fish & he showered. My mom in law has the most grandest of lounge chairs & before heading to the park we stopped at Walmart & bought one for meself =) Yup, I’m spoiled!





The fireworks were fantastical. That’s what we thought at least. Then we headed back to camp & ended up staying out at the campfire until 3 in the morning with Ken’s aunt Lori’s hubby Todd. Total fun time! We don’t get to see Ken’s family too often with him being on the road.




Saturday Ken had to run into town…again to do some banking. He let me lay around & chill while he did that. I can’t even express how nice it was to lay in a lawn chair & read & just “be” I made a sand turtle in the pit with the kids that afternoon. Forgot to take a picture though…




The guys at camp farted around in the woods & picked up the oodles of pieces of rubbish Ken’s Gpa had dumped over the past decades. Then a bunch of us chipped in & carried firewood after Uncle Don cut down the trees. I took home a white birch log. It’s split in half & is missing it’s bark. But it’s beautiful & I have total ideas for it!! I’m thinking Christmas decoration for my table! =)





I am now the proud owner of a set of old boat oars!! What will I do with these oars? Well paint them & hang them in my beachy screen room of course!!! =) No clue how I’ll hang em but I know this wunnaful guy who lives here that will have a project very soon =) Did I ever mention ho much I adore my hubby?




Ken & I took the 3 wheelers out on the backroads of camp & collected some downed trees for firewood for future camping outings. When I picked up one log I noticed a snake skin that had been shed. I moved one log & tried to grab it, had to move another log. Well then I realized this snake skin was flippin long & Ken was going to have to help move logs so I wouldn’t tear the delicate skin. While picking up the skin Ken spotted a tiny copper belly snake & screamed like a lil girl. Way funny seeing a big guy scream. Anyways, I decided to take this skin back to camp to show the kids. It must be about 6 or 7ft long. When we got back to camp with it all the kids took turns holding it & laying by it getting their picture taken. Too cute!






Last night I was starting to feel a bit padooplish so I decided to head to the camper & take my shower. I totally can’t sleep smelling like campfire. Soooo I’m showering & I hear this pitter patter type sound on the wall. I figure one of the pups are pounding their tail on the wall. BUT then I remembered I shut the bathroom door & this sound was coming from the INSIDE of the bathroom. I was almost finished rinsing my hair & had the conditioner in my hand & decided just to take a peak out of the shower curtain to see what was going on. Perhaps the dogs shoved their ball under the bathroom door & were trying to get it out…WRONG!!! There was an BEAST of a winged creature lodged between my toilet & the wall!! Ok, My body is sudsy, hand is full of conditioner. What in tarnation am I supposed to do? Sooo I scream for Ken of course. DUH he can’t hear me! The generator is on & so is our air conditioner not to mention the firepit everybody was at was oodles of feet away. He’d never hear me! SHIT!!! This thing is fluttering it’s wings. Is it a bat? Is it a humming bird? Whatever it is is invading my shower time & needs to go! So, I wrap a towel around my sudsy, conditioner hand filled self & walk outside & scream like a lil girl that there is an “ANIMAL” in our bathroom & “get it out!!” Ken is saying something back to me but I can not distinguish his words so I continue hollering & mention it might be a bat, or a humming bird, tell him “I am naked & send your dad!” Why send his dad you ask? Because he is a bird lover & if it is a humming bird Bill could perhaps get it out without killing it. But it still needed to go!!!






The get to the camper, I stood outside. Ken walked out with a fat winged creature. It was a flippen meaty moth! I swear it could eat my flesh! Ken said it probably had a 4inch or so wingspan & had a fat body. YUCK!!!






After my heroes got the evil animal out I finished up with my shower & woke up today feeling pretty super fabulous!





Today we took a ride on the 3 wheelers & Bill pointed out honkan HUGE bear prints! Like for serious! HUGE!!! Then Ken & I ended up taking a long ride on the wheelers in the sandpit & found a bit of mud. Nothing substantial though.






We decided we’re going to go back up this weekend to go camping if weather permits. Then we’ll have a week off from camping & we’ll go back up the following weekend when Ken’s cousin & friend is home. Can’t wait! It was soo wunnaful to re-connect with family!!!













I appologize for the randomness of pictures. It wasn't allowing me to post them as usual...Grrrr but here a few from our fun filled weekend =)






No comments: