About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

When dreams become reality...our 1st 5k





On May 14th, 2011 we embarked on the Cellcom 5k in Green Bay, WI. Let me tell you....this was a dream come true!!! We trained, and trained some more...and WE DID IT!!!

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would attain the balance and endurance to compete. For months I spent hours at the gym on a daily basis, working on my balance that menieres had taken away. Ken worked his tail feather off too and built his endurance up. It was quite the preperation...even though it was only for a 5k.


It was a rainy dreary morning but our spirits were nothing but sunshine. We were doing our very 1st race, and we would be running on Lambeau Field, with the most fabulous peeps.

I started out strong and before long my shins were on fire so I walked at a fast pace until I could run again. Never going to give up. That first mile was the hardest. The remaining two just fell into place. Before we knew it, we were heading below the stadium and out onto Lambeau Field. I ran, swiping the grass, we looked around, took pictures and I even bent down on my hands and knees and kissed the tundra. Yup, I totally rocked that move. I mean, hey, how often am I going to be able to touch the field that my fave football team plays on. You know how many great athletes have played on that field.....amazing stuff folks!!

I can tell you this...this was our first run....but not our last! These things are addicting, much like getting tattoos. Ken said he wants to have at least 5 race bibs/tshirts by the end of the summer. As a matter of fact, we are doing another 5k on this Saturday in Carney, MI. There really is nothing that will 'distract' us, or I mean, ME this time. I lost a good 10-12 minutes taking it all in when we went onto Lambeau Field. This time, we are talking sheer focus, determination. Time to kick it up a notch and make some smoke!! Oh, and next years goal???? Half marathon!! YUP!!!

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Way to go! That's awesome you kept with it.

Jewel said...

Wow, congrats! That is totally amazing! I wanna get back into running but not sure if I actually want to do a race!

Mavis said...

Rock on sister! I'm proud of you!

MSC Cruceros said...

Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.