I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.
This year we purchased a new Christmas tree. Our blue spruce was ohhhh, almost a couple decades old and it was time to get a new one. Don't fear though, this gal did not throw out the old blue spruce. It will make it's way into another room into our home. I may have to move some furniture around or out to the garage....hehe
Well, lil ole me couldn't wait to put the new 9 footer up so I opted to decorate it for my most favorite season in the U.P., Autumn. We truly have the greatest seasons up north.
The trees are bare now, and we have had a few flurries. Today the transformation of the Woodbury casa (no it's not a real casa) begins. Bring on the Christmas magic!!
On October 28, 2012 the green eyed geek and I went to our first game at Lambeau together. This was my very first time watching my boys in green & Gold play at La la la Lambeau. This was a total dream come true for me. I've waited 37yrs for this day....and I got to experience it with my very bestest friend, the hunky hubby =) I've got Lambeau fever and can't even wait to go watch another game!!!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? went to Grand Island, asked for help
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions...I like to call them aspirations. I was able achieve most of them. I like to have many aspirations/goals
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? yup, my beautimus sister Elizabeth had my handsome nephew Asher 4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. Aunty Ev & Most people do not really know or understand that my real mom and I actually had quite a nice relationship. She passed away on December 8th, 2011 & I sure do miss her silly self. I am very thankful that I had the opportunity of getting to know her. 5. What places did you visit? family & friends homes, Otter Lake, Lyman Lake
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? I was not lacking in 2011. I have the most awesome friends and family and I HAVE enough. People need to quit wanting more more more and realize what they DO have is all they really NEED.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 23~ our 15th wedding anniversary. April 30th~ We put together a benefit for our friend who had been involved in a car accident, November 8th~the day I thought my life was ending, December 8th~getting the call from my real mothers fiance saying my 52yr old real mom had died
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Organizing a benefit for our friend Steve and his family.
9. What was your biggest failure? I'm not a failure, I make mistakes and I learn from them.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes, gotta love being a woman
11. What was the best thing you bought? my hearing aids. they flippan rock!!! I swear I could hear a mouse fart =)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? anyone who stood up for what they believe in and worked to make our world a better place
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Not for me to judge or to advertise
14. Where did most of your money go? trucking stuff....
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Running races, golfing, camping, Lake Superior Adventures, being with family and friends, crocheting, saving our kitty Jade Noel from the Animal shelter, going to the Eskymo football games and watchign my lil brother play.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011? Eric Church's "Smoke a lil smoke"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? I'm happy go lucky b) thinner or fatter? same, maybe a bit thinner c) richer or poorer? about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? writing, learning, hugging
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? worrying
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2011? We went to Ken's grandparents for Christmas Eve, went to midnight mass with my brothers Mike & Kelly, opened gifts that night, slept in Christmas morning and then headed to the VFW for the Pepin Christmas shindig. After the hall several family members came to our house to watch the rest of the packer game.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011? I fall in love with my hubby more and more as time goes on. He truly is one remarkable nerd. 22. What was your favorite TV program? Big Bang Theory, Switched at Birth
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2011? Went camping at Otter lake and took a lil day trip to Grand Island 24. What was the best book you read?South of Superior was one of the many awesoem books I read this year.
25. What did you want and get? help
26. What did you want and not get? for all the homeless animals to be adopted
27. What was your favorite film of this year? "We Built a Zoo"
28. Did you make some new friends this year? I sure did!! I am sooo sooo blessed
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I am quite satisfied
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 20011? I wear what I am comfortable in
31. What kept you sane? a supportive and wonderful husband, family, my fab friends & our furry kids , 32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I honestly don't get into the whole celebrity thing
33. What political issue stirred you the most? I always get stirred about supporting our troops, gay rights and welfare reform
34. Who did you miss? Nana, Joy, Mom & Dad, Karen
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. To Love me for who I am. I don't ALWAYS have to be strong. I cannot change certain things about myself. I am beautiful in my imperfect skin and it's ok to think that.
It's a new year & with a new year comes a new list of aspirations for the coming year. I look forward to what 2012 has in store for us and our lil furry family & I wish you all the love, light and happiness for a Happy New Year!!!
~Make butter ~Tap a maple tree and make syrup ~Lay in the back of the truck under lots of blankets and gaze at the stars ~Knit a project ~Try new recipes ~Drive across the Mackinac bridge ~Run 8 races ~Grow a successful garden ~Do something extraordinary for a stranger ~Forgive someone ~Milk a cow ~Ride a mechanical bull ~Sew 6 projects ~Clean & organize craft room…and keep it that way ~Repaint the craft room ~Print off pictures of family and put into an album ~Handmake gifts ~Plan at least two family fun days ~Go to a new campground ~Host 6 game nights with family and friends ~Make birthday cakes ~Stay on budget ~Hug more ~Make lip balm and other cosmetics ~Do something for charity ~Put up a new clothesline and use it often ~Decorate for all holidays ~Read as many books as possible ~Take a class (college, art center) ~Attend play performances ~Crochet socks ~Go hiking on Grand Island ~Go to a Packer game ~Do something that scares me ~Swim ~hand wax our vehicles monthly & get them serviced ~Go to a Hooters ~Simplify ~Learn how to cut snowflakes out of paper ~Make a huge snowman ~Wear a dress at least 6 times ~Change oil in our vehicle ~Ride in a taxi or public transportation ~Volunteer ~Learn something new ~Write ~Learn Yoga, Zumba ~Pray ~Visit where my real mom Karen’s ashes are scattered ~Visit our babies memorial twice ~Plant flowers at Mom & dads grave ~Adopt a family for the holiday ~Go to Massachusetts ~Learn to play an instrument ~Have my nieces and nephews and young siblings over for a slumber party ~Run in the rain ~Paint the garage ~Preserve food from the garden ~Buy locally ~Repair or make the items we need when possible ~Purchase as many of our necessities from independent businesses as we can ~Play Twister