Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Mike, Kelly, Joe & Laurie ordering their food.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
In previous years this building was The Wiffletree. They sold men's fine clothing there & rented suits. Even then the place was filled with character.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
I've been working in my craft room/office for a few hours daily and progress is certainly being made. I cannot even wait to take pics & post them. I'm rather anal about organizing & even more so after watching the show Hoarders. Man that show gets me going!! By the end of the week I should have it pretty much done. But right now I have some crocheting to do. =)
Monday, January 18, 2010
This recipe is also taken from the recipe book my brother & his fiance got us for Christmas. I'm tellin ya...the people in Oshkosh, WI know how to cook!! I'm beginning to think we need to move there & I need to become friends with these fabulous chefs. ;)
"Most Dangerous Cake Recipe In The World"
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
3 Tbsp. chocolate chips
Small splash of vanilla
1 large coffee mug
Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk & oil and mix well. Add the chips & vanilla and mix again.
Put mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate. Garnish with ice cream and caramel or hot fudge sauce if you dare!! LOL
I complimented ours with custard that my dear hubby made and I melted some of the homemade carmels I made and drizzled it all over tha place. =) Totally delish!!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Allison & Brayden all snuggled on the couch. Notice they need pillows to prop their heads up. Nooo, they are not spoiled....
Saturday, January 16, 2010
1/4c butter, melted
1-4oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 small onion, chopped
Salt and Pepper
1 tube crescent roll dough
Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 1/2 hour
Some of my notes: (because it's pretty impossible for me to follow a recipe to a T)
1. I used 2 chicken breasts which cam out to about 2.5 cups of meat
2. I sprinkled garlic powder in mixture...can't have a meal without garlic in this house!!
3. Thinking of frying the onions beforehand. But the raw onions were super delish as well.
4. I seasoned the chicken with S&P while cooking and I also used a full block of cream cheese instead of the 4oz
5. My puffs were cooked in 15 minutes...wonder if my oven is off or the recipe is??? So keep your eyes peeled is what I'd suggest.
This meal kicked all sorts of fancy butt. Definitely going to do this again!! I imagine this would be super delish with chopped turkey as well. Or maybe even add a lil cut up broccoli to the mixture...
The possibilities are endless!!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions...I like to call them aspirations. I was able achieve some of them. I like to have many aspirations
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? nobody really really really close
4. Did anyone close to you die? Ken's Nana passed away June 13th...I lost a part of myself when she passed away.
5. What places did you visit? various states in the semi and we took a lil vaca to Ontonogan, MI for my birthday to do some hiking in the Porcupine Mountains and camped.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? game nights with family and friends, dinner parties, debt free
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 14th...just walked in the door from our camping weekend at camp & we were told of Nana's passing.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? riding my bicycle 10-15 miles per day.
9. What was your biggest failure? staying on budget as I would have liked
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing out of the norm.
11. What was the best thing you bought? The new toilet. The old bugger wasted gajillions of gallons of water per flush!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? anyone who stood up for what they believe in and worked to make our world a better place
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Not for me to judge
14. Where did most of your money go? diesel fuel for the semi!!!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going camping, hiking and riding my bike. I seriously got psyched out for those 15 milke bike rides.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? She's Country by Jason Aldean
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Sadder...My friend Amy died less than a week ago and another friend Josh died today... b) thinner or fatter? thinner c) richer or poorer? about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? entertaining, writing and reading
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? worrying
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? went to Ken's grandparents on Christmas Eve & my family shin dig on Christmas day
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? I fall in love everyday with my hubby
22. What was your favorite TV program? probably Survivor
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? We went camping and hiking in Ontonogan, MI area for a week. It was fantastic!!!
24. What was the best book you read? The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
25. What did you want and get? another year with my fab hubby
26. What did you want and not get? debt free
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Not sure that I had one
28. Did you make some new friends this year? yuppers
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? less debt
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? I wear what I am comfortable in
31. What kept you sane? a supportive and wonderful husband and my fab friends
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I honestly don't get into the whole celebrity thing
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Gay marriage, healthcare reform
34. Who did you miss? Nana...it was extremely hard losing her
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. To Love me for who I am. I cannot change certain things about myself.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
2 cups Borax
2 cups washing soda
2 cups baking soda
1 bar napatha bar soap grated
Use 2 TBSP per load...and you'll have some fresh, clean laundry in no time at all
And back to our living room tree
Monday, January 4, 2010
We left as the sun was going down. My cousin Julie, sister Laurie & her boyfriend Ernie took part in the fun too.