- Christine...I didn't know Chrissy growing up much. She was already married & moved to Montana by the time I came around. Or at least that's what I remember. Every Christmas Chrissy would send a package home chocked full of home made cookies & goodies for the family. After Mom & Dad died a bunch of us flew out to Montana to visit Chrissy. The other's went on a hike somewhere in the woods while Chrissy & I stayed at her house...her "aunt flo" was visiting. So going out amongst possible Grizzly Bears was NOT a good idea. That's when I truly got a grasp what "aunt flo" meant! LOL On that same trip we all went white water rafting. Something I will NEVER do again!! Chrissy made it funny though. Especially when she bounced out of the raft. She's actually a hoot & says some off the wall stuff. I could say a few more things but they are pretty personal. I'll say one thing though...sauna....
- Darryl...He was also already out of the house & at Seminary by the time I came along so he & I don't know each other as much as some of the others. BUT...He has mad skills at singing Miss Piggy & The "All In The Family" theme song!! Especially Edith Bunker!!!! I have never been one to be all huggy/kissy but Darryl was one to come in the house & give out hugs to everybody...including his filthy dirty kid sister. Well, all I cared to do was play, play, play. No time for kisses. So when he kissed me I started sticking out my tongue. Now if I knew then what I know know....ISH!! I french kissed my brother!! GROSSS!! Gag me with a spoon!! One summer afternoon I took little hunks of wood & a nail & made carvings of pictures & as far as I know Darryl still has his. Sooo silly!!!
- Bruce...Now this man is one of my hero's. Not to say any of my other family members are not great people. Bruce is exponential at being a human being. He's an amazing brother, listener, husband & father & Grandpa. He's one tough guy but also has the biggest heart of any man I know. His commitment to his marriage is inspiring. Each year Bruce, his wife Donna & their two boys Dave & Jay went to Great America for a vacation. I was so lucky & they'd take me along!!! How stinkan awesome is that!!! One of my fave memories of him was at one of our family get togethers he & a handful of us stayed up till who knows when making up songs as my brother Pat strummed his guitar. Another time was heading to camp for the night & we sat outside in lawn chairs until 4 in the morning watching shooting stars.
- Joe...Joe was also out of the house by the time I came along. He gives the biggest hugs that ever existed. At times you think your toe nails are going to come out of your nose when you get a "Joey hug" When I was young what I remember most is Joe sitting at the piano playing Christmas songs & Dave, Jay & Myself singing along. Perhaps he had a lil to do with my love for Christmas Carols. He also played at Church masses (still does) and when I was a kid he was behind a screen. Well after Mass we'd go to his lil corner. For some reason I always thought that was pretty cool. Like hiding behind the screen during mass...LOL
- Jim... Jim is not only my brother but he's also my biological Dad. It was his parents that adopted me when I was a baby. He's hella funny!! For lack of better words!! He has his own lil language. Says "Breferse" instead of breakfast...totally cracks me up!!! Jim would come see me on the weekends when I was a kiddo. Sometimes we'd go for a ride in his big ole blue pickup truck. Sometimes he'd give me a quarter & I'd run to Norm's store & get what else? CANDY!!!. After Mom & Dad died I moved with Jim & his wife Donna. Jim & I would take Saturday afternoon trips to camp & munch on Pringles & squirt cheese. One of my favorite memories. Just a few weeks ago we had the opportunity to make more memories & went on a canoe trip. It was a complete BLAST & I'm so thankful we were able to share that!!!!
- Pat...He's the guitar player in the fam & he's flippen fantabulastic at it!!! When I was a kiddo he & his wife would pick me up & we'd mow his lawn...which I totally LOVED!!! I was never allowed to operate the mower at home so doing it at Pat's was a treat. Ohhh, and after the mowing was finished we went to John's U.S. Gas station & he bought me a Hershey's chocolate bar!! YUM!! Then I'd spend the night. I stood as flower girl in his & Kim's wedding when I was 5. I still have the dress!!! Watching a Packer game with Pat has never been boring!! Actually watching Pat is far more entertaining than the game...and I'm a huge Packer Backer fan!!!
- Mike....Now he was still home when I came along. Between him, Laurie & Kelly, they basically raised me. Mike usually gave me baths. When he'd take my shirt off he'd leave it on my head & holler "sister Abis, Sister Abis" To this day I don't know the meaning of it...I'm thinking I looked like a Nun with a "Habit" on my head. He also invented wicked cool hairstyles!! One which we dubbed the "Kathy ponytail" Sometimes we'd stand in his bedroom & dance. To this day I LOVE the song "Pop Muzik" by M. That was our song. Mike was always one to scare the jeepers out of people too. You'd walk by & Mike would be hiding under the stairs or wherever. Perhaps that's why I'm as jumpy as I am! LOL It seems like we were in the department store on a weekly basis buying the newest Barbies. And... Mike would help me name them!!! He also built me a heine kickin dollhouse for Christmas in 1985.
- Laurie...She was basically my only sister growing up. Yeah, I had Chrissy but I didn't truly know her. There's a 12yr age gap between Laurie & I. So sharing a room with me must have been sheer HELL for her!!! But we managed to come out of it alive & still luv the crap out of each other. Her & I were always bickering. I was spoiled rotten, I admit. Growing up her & I would lay on the couch & I'd always snuggle up to her legs. When I moved out of Jim & Donna's & went back to the family house her & I shared a room once again. This time we had the whole basement though!!! Total coolness!! We kept a Christmas tree up until March & decorated it each season!!
- Kelly....He provided me with a Kit Kat candy bar every week!! He worked at the VFW for Bingo & in the morning if there was a Kit Kat in the fridge it was MINE & it was from him!!! He was also the homework helper & on a few occasions the "doer" Working at Elmers with him was a flippen hoot!! Especially when I was in the cake dept & he was in the meat dept. We'd plan out our "Survivor nights" there. Total funn-ness times a million!!! He's quirky, like me & I like that!! Ohh and each year, around Easter time The Wizard of Oz would be shown. Kell, Mike, Laurie & myself would sit glued to the tv eating popcorn & drinking red koolaid as if it was our 1st time watching it. Those were the days!!
Below are the rest of my siblings. A handful are my real dad's kiddos, a couple are my real Mom's & a couple are one'e who were adopted by my real Mom's family. I will start with the kids raised by Karen, my real Mom. Keep in mind, I really do not know these two too much.
- BJ...I don't know him all too well. He seems like a good kid. Actually he's in his 20's already. I got to know him a little bit after his wife passed away a couple years ago. He & I share a love for big engines, and big trucks & going fast. You get him away from his environment & he's pretty cool. He has a loving heart...when he lets it show.
- Bobbie....This is where I have a hard time...I won't go into details...but I am thankful she did not abort my nephew Danny when she was pregnant & had the decency not to raise him herself.
Now on to my Real Dad's fabu kiddos!!!
- Amber...What an amazing spirit she has. She faces many challenges in life but tackles them with strength. Watching her accomplish many things inspires me. She adores the Green Bay Packers & any sport actually. She's so fun to sit with & watch games. Hearing her get excited about things that most people would consider to be minuscule excite me. She has a zest for life & appreciates the little things.
- Josh...When he came to us he was a one year old twerple...but a darn cutie pie head. For awhile he shared a room with me. His nightly "duice" calls annoyed me to no end. Oh, btw, "duice" is Joshy talk for Juice. He & I also share a passion for big trucks, big engines & going fast. I took him everywhere when I was a teenager. He was like his big sister's tag along...much like I was with my older siblings. It's hard to believe he's now a man. Oh well, he's still my kid brother & I can still kick his but...well that's what I say!! LOL
- Aaron...what a lil munchkin he was when he came to us. I'm so proud of him for joining the National Guard & he's supposed to be going "Active" soon. It's hard to believe the lil baby I rocked is a man now. He's still a punk though with lots of growing up to do but I am certain he will get there. Once he let's you in you will realize what a charming fella he is. He's great fun to sing with & dance around with. Get us together & you have yourself a two person comedy show.
- Jessica...She also has some obstacles in life but she handles them with grace. Just recently she gave me a bracelet she made for me. She loves to do crafts...as do I. So it's always great fun sitting down with her making things & just watching her create things. She adores animals too & it's always awesome watching her interact & be mother-ly to my many pets.
- Jimmy...He & I are very close. It reminds me of me & Kelly growing up in a way. JJ is a complete joy to have around, very helpful, and hella funny!!! He was just a baby when I moved back to the family home after high school. I babysat the kids all the time so when I moved out it was like leaving my kids. I know, I was just a kid myself but still...JJ tagged along at my heals for everything. I walked in the door & he jumped in my arms. To this day he sees me & gives me hugs & tells me he loves me.
- Jesse James...He came along after I was already out of the house. We've had him over for the day on occasion & he's one heck of a jibber jabber-er & can easily entertain a whole country. He cracks me up! On our most recent visit we made cupcakes. Like any kid he wanted every color sprinkle on the cupcake. Watching his face when I said go for it was sheer bliss. Take that boy shopping for his birthday gift & you'll have a field day!! He's soo indecisive. But hes 6 so yeah, he sees one thing, wants that, changes his mind in the next aisle. He totally cracks me up!
Next are my two sister's who were adopted by my biological Aunt
- Jamie...She is my only full blooded sister. In the ways her & I are alike we are very alike & the ways we differ, we really differ!!! I met her when I was probably around 8 or so. I always knew I had a sister Jamie. One 4th of July at the parade I met her. It wasn't planned. But our families happened to be watching on the same corner. We got introduced to each other & we watched the parade, sharing our candy & having a Good ole time. After Mom & Dad died we lost contact for 8yrs. But once we got back re-united we picked up where we left off. We've had numerous good times & a few not so well times. I won't get into those though...I have 2 wunnaful nieces & a super fab nephew. She invited me to be in the delivery room when her youngest daughter was born. What a gift! I also cut the umbilical cord for Jordyn & Jordyn's middle name is after our 2nd baby...it's pretty special.
- And last but not least is Elizabeth...who friggen rocks the house!!! She & I didn't really get to know each other until she was a teenager but once we did holy bean bags!! We share a lot of quirks, and interests & when people see us together it is her & I that people say look like sister's. Anytootles, she has given me two amazing nieces whom I totally adore to pieces!!! We've had oodles of fun times, geocacheing, movies, brunches, shopping, and just being dorks. That's what I luv about her. She's not afraid to be herself & just be quirky. She's a scatterbrain like me so we "get" each other. And we both LOVE, LOVE LOVE books!!!! I totally can't wait to go book shopping together one day!!! We also have sister tattoos. Hers on her foot & mine is on the back of my neck. It's of a shooting star. (I will go into what it means to me in another post.) To not even grow up with each other & to have what we have now is freakin fantabulastic!!!
So there you have it in a nutshell...a very large nutshell in fact. These are my siblings...all of them & I am so very thankful for each & every one of them. They have all had a part in inspiring me, and helping me to become who I am today & that pretty much rocks my socks bright purple!!!!