About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Gives me the Heebie Jeebies!!!

Ok...I'm sitting here watching the BBC channel & there's a program on called "my fake baby" It's rather bizarre to say the least. This artist creates 'reborn' babies...DOLLS in the image that her customers want! The artistry of this woman is outstanding & the babies look so real...BUT the customers are wackadoodles in my opinion!! In fact, one woman has a couple "babies" & "expecting" again...She goes as far as to wear a maternity top to boot!!!! The nursery is set up, bottles with fabric softener are filled to simulate milk...Now, it's all fine & dandy & to each their own to have a doll replicated in memory of their non living child. But these woman carry on a life as if they are parents! Even go as far as taking their "babies" to the zoo, the park, grocery shopping. One woman just purchased a crap ton worth of $ in baby clothes!!! And this current one brought her dead sons locks of hair in!! She is also going on about how she loves the attention of having a baby to tote around...What's even crazier is that the husbands allow & support their wives!!!! Like I said, to each their own but really...I have to wonder...what are these women doing to themselves? They carry out their lives as if their loved one never passed with these babies...How does having one of these "babies" help one move on? Oh, this just has me all wigged out!! Here's a lil linky link to check it our for yourself!!! http://www.channel4.com/video/my-fake-baby/series-1/episode-1/living-doll_p_1.html

No comments: