About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Transforming

This past week has given me a whole new outlook & what I feel has changed me immensely!! Now to some it’s not a big deal but to me it’s HUGE!!! For years my hearing has been total wankered up. Now, I know it’s not a life or death deal but not being able to hear crap really affected my happiness & made me much more apt to be less social. In fact, I tried hard, for many years to keep it hidden. Paying attention to people’s expressions & lips & relying on Ken to fill me in was the norm.

This past winter my ears decided they’d take another good ole poo. I was one frumpy frog for a good few weeks. During that time I was a truckin chick with my hubby, reading anything I could get my eyes on, crocheting till my hands hurt so bad I’d cry. I refused to let it get the best of me…but it was. I needed to keep myself busy to keep the inevitable out of my brain & remain as positive as possible. Now, I know this was not the best approach. During this time I know I was not the greatest friend that my pals deserve…my communicationalizing with many friends & even my lil sis Libs was put on the back burner…and I’m so sorry for that.

It’s been a week since my new aides arrived & folks I cannot even express how crazy awesome it’s been!! I can hear all sorts of fancy stuffolla!!! Seriously!!!! In the past I’ve been like embarrassed but holy beans!!! I bawled my eye bobble obbles out when Ken whispered “I love you so much Kath”…and I heard it…and understood it!!! It’s been years since I’ve heard a whisper…so it was pretty stinkan neato not to mention sweet as all heckles for Ken to surprise me in such a way!!! This whole past week was a whirlwind of ‘new to me’ sounds, hangin with dear friends, participating in great convos & just enjoying life more than I already did!!!

"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it." William Arthur Ward

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Kath---I am sooo happy for you!!! That is awesome! Thanx for sharing this. And don't you feel silly about feeling ecstatic about getting your "hearing" back! Hopefully it's a reminder to the rest of us about what we take for granted! Luv Ya much!