About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Mighty Mackinac Bridge

I got home yesterday afternoon from being a truckin chick for a few days. We left on Sunday afternoon & headed to Willard, OH. Obviously we had to go through Lower MI to get to OH...which is one of my not so favorite things.

Why might one wonder...because I have to ride over the mighty Mackinac Bridge & it's rainy & foggy-ish! That's why! It's a large 5 mile long suspension bridge that connects Upper MI to Lower MI! It's not only the 5 mile length that freaks me out. No, it's the fact that semi's have to go 20MPH over this bridge. Sometimes slower if there is a truck in front of us. PLUS!! not that going 20MPH is bad enough we have to be in the outer lane & that flippen stinks some serious poo folks! Our truck is higher than the guard rails! And there is deep deep water below!! I'm not sure how high the bridge is but gee wilakers! I go over it & for those 15 or so minutes I am contemplating how I will survive should we plummet off the bridge. Like, what if my seatbelt gets stuck? What will I cut it with to free myself? How bout Ken? The dogs? I can't swim well...will I know how if need be? How cold will the water be? Who would hear me scream for help... yeah all that crazy crap seeps into my brain during the mighty Mack crossing. In all actuality the fall would most definitely be fatal. I don't even want to know the height!! I sweat profusely while going over the Mighty Mack. Ken must remain quite & I swear to God I recite every prayer I have ever learned in my head...all while cursing some ohhh so colorful words!!! Well, this time I forced myself to roll down the side window & take some pics....And I am still alive =)


















No comments: