About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, January 26, 2009

On The Road Again....

A big hello from Upper Michigan!!! It's been busy here as usual and when that happens I neglect the good ole' blog. I guess I don't mean to but it happens. It seems with stress I pretty much close up and like to keep things more private. It's not like all of cyberspace needs to know EVERYTHING that's going on.

Ken's job has slowed way down, as has many people's jobs. We are currently looking into purchasing a new to us semi (newsed) and handing our new one over. It's a huge decision & one we are not stepping into lightly. We have been weathering this economic storm for some time now. And for us the only logical solution we can think of is to downgrade the semi so we are still able to be business owners. I'm sure it'll all work out in the long run. But there comes a time when if something isn't working it must be modified or changed. Well in our case that's our semi. It'll save us boat loads of $ in the long run & for the past few years I guess I get my thrills off of seeing how much dough I can save!! Must be getting older...or wiser! I hope it's just wiser!! But, then again, I do get some grey hairs that bug the living skittles out of me!!

Last night I spend a good portion of time packing up my jumbo sized suitcase. It's sounding like we will be starting to spend a week on the road at a time now. There's really not much as far as loads go up here & the ones that do exist pay for padooples. So our dispatcher & Ken came up with a plan of keeping us out for a longer time & run freight out of WI. Their freight has picked up....now fingers crossed that works!!!

So, my suitcase is packed, my beach sized bag is chocked full of yarn, crochet hooks, knitting needles & pattern books & this weekend we went to our local library & I stocked myself up on some what will be fantastical books! I've only heard good things about "The Perks Of Being A Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky and "Listening is an Act of Love" which is a Celebration on American life from the Story Corps Project edited by Dave Isay. I also picked up the "Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs. This is the 1st book...remember I already read "Knit Two" which was the 2nd part. OH! and I also picked up a book on the Jonestown Massacre. I was never a History buff in school but my Kenster was. Well one day he was going on & on about this Massacre & well, me being me had no clue what he was talking about. So miss Kaffy Googled it & how grotesque, but yet it sucked me in & I had to learn more. So, I've got myself oodles to keep me entertained for the week. Here's wishing you all a very swellacious week!!!

No comments: