About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Garden's Galore!!!

So, I totally planted a garden this year & I'm so super stoked & cannot even wait to reap what I sewed & make fresh salsa, stewed tomatoes, pickles & just eat fresh!! Now for those who know where I live they know I lack a yard & growing a traditional in the ground garden is not possible. But, this summer my in laws will be spending time in Massachusetts with my husband's Nana. She is not doing well at all & has many trying times ahead of her. Please keep her in your prayers. Well, seeing as the in-laws will be gone I get to use their soil & plant this here garden =)


We have 12 tomato plants, 6 green belle peppers, 8 cucumber mounds, 5 butternut squash, zuchinni, and a couple rows of carrots. Did I meantion how excited I am about this????

This is one of those topsy turvy upside down tomatoe planter things that hangs on our garage. We have never had any luck growing patio tomatoes in containers so we figured...let's give it a whirl. I am happy to report Ken had the 1st ripe tomater on his burger last night....so it works...knock on wood!!
Below is a series of pictures of our flower gardens. The lilacs & iris' & lilies are not in bloom yet.














These are the front side gardens









Now remember how I said we lack a yard? Yeah, well I'm stubborn & am bent on having a garden at home even though we have the one at my in-laws.


We have spinich....


and a gourmet lettuce blend


and leaf lettuce....

and a good pot of dill growing for those pickles I mentioned before.


oh, and we have to have catnip for the kitties...


It's almost June and that is when our local Farmer's Market begins & folks that has me so immensly stokeled I can't even stand it!!! Woot woot!!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

Oh, how I long to have my own garden! I have not mentioned to you yet...nor have I mentioned it to many other peeps. Mr. Wonderful is getting out of the Navy in August....not by choice....there is just not any room for advancement and is being forced out. So he is looking for a JOB....we would like to be back on the East coast again, some where between Virginia and South Carolina. But who knows....he would be happy to have a job just about any where.

Have fun in that garden of yours!!
Hugs~T

Jewel said...

AWESOME! I am sooo excited for you! I secretly long for a garden but am just not quite ready to pursue that dream yet!

Doc, the beardoctor said...

Please excuse this bear for barging into your garden. Let me introduce my self; My name is Beardoctor and I am an old Teddy bear from across the pond. Doc wandered in here from Anitra Cameron’s blog. He would like to bend you ear for a sec. on the topic of books. Now if you feel that this ain’t the time or the place for that, you can just send Doc out of the gate. That is the charm of being a digital host.


Although Doc does not have the habit of not judging a books by their covers he does have the nasty habit of judging readers by their booklists. Looking at yours he’s nodding his head but he would like to take the liberty of suggesting a dashing good read to you: “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.” by Mark Haddon. If you feel Doc’s out of place, please forgive a nosy bear and he’ll mosey on. Thanks anyway for taking the time to read this far. If you think the Doc is onto something, you can find him on twitter as @beardoctor and on his blog http://beardoctor.blogspot.com/ And he almost forgot; Doc loved the walk through your garden. Thank you.