About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Homemade frozen pudding pops

Who doesn't love frozen treats on a warm sunny day? Actually who doesn't like frozen treat ANY day? When I ran across a recipe for these homemade pudding pops I knew I had to give it a whirl & it turned out yummalicious!!

Ok, the 1st couple pics are of the process of making the pops...and proof that it's not a boxed pudding mix. Now I would have never even thought pudding could be made any other way & am still quite fond of my boxed pudding.


Mixing the dry ingredients
scalding the milk & mixing the wet with the dry


and waaaalaaaaa! We've got tasty pudding pops ready to put in the freezer to enjoy just as soon as the freezer freezes them....and I can honestly tell you, it couldn't happen soon enough. To get the lil buggers out just dip the mold in hot water & they pop right out. Enjoy...and try not to eat too many...if you can. Here's the recipe:
Homemade pudding pops


¾ cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
½ tsp salt
¼ cup cocoa powder
2 eggs, separated
½ cup cold milk
3 ½ cup milk, scalded
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp butter

Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, cocoa powder. Stir in beaten egg yolks & the cold milk.

Beat chocolate mixture into the hot scalded milk. Heat until mixture thickens on medium heat.
Add vanilla & butter. Fold in beaten egg whites.

Pour mixture into molds or even paper cups with a popsicle stick inserted. Freeze and enjoy.
The pudding also tastes yummalicious warm. I know this kind of stuff…cuz I tried it & you should too!!! =)

Note: for vanilla pudding omit the cocoa powder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the sort of hombre who passions to try original stuff. Right now I'm fabricating my personal solar panels. I'm making it all by myself without the aid of my staff. I am using the net as the only path to acheive that. I ran across a truly awesome website which explains how to create pv panels and wind generators. The website explains all the steps involved in constructing pv panels.

I am not exactly sure about how accurate the data given there iz. If some people over here who had xp with these things can have a see and give your feedback in the thread it would be grand and I'd really appreciate it, because I extremely enjoy solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. U people are great.