About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, January 19, 2009

A recipe, snow & other stuff

Ok, so we're gonna get some verbal whiplash in this post. Ken tells me I do verbal whiplash all the time when I jump from one topic to the next & leave nothing in between. It's a pretty common thing with me...I can't help it that I have so much to say & oodles of ideas bouncin off in my head!! So yeah, this is totally gonna be a post including all sorts of stuff!!! =) Hence why my blog is called A Look Into a Scatterbrain!!

Ok, so firstly, I've been going on the road with my hubbykins a lot lately. It's been insanely awesome! Ok, well it was fartan cold last week but the truck was nice & toasty & the roads were clear. What stunk was letting the 5 pups out to do their "business" in the 20- weather!! Nope, that part was NOT fun at all!! BUT...I did start another book and have it almost finished. Actually when we went to the store to get supplies I wanted to check to see if they had "The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. We didn't have much time & I wasn't finding it!! =( That's when a super fab book popped in my face & I knew I HAD to have it!!! It had balls of yarn on the cover!!! And we all know my love, ok, obsession with yarn!! So I buy it, get in the semi & being the robo nerd I am I am reading the front cover & back cover & that's when I read it....The Sequel to the Beloved #1 New York Times Bestseller "The Friday Night Knitting Club"!!!! Shitakee mushrooms!! I bought part 2!!! Grrrrr. Anyfartles, I just couldn't let it sit in the semi & collect dust so I started reading my new book. Oh, and it's called "Knit Two" by Kate Jacobs. It's about a group of women of various ages, in various stages of their lives who are all connected in that they belong to the same knitting group. I don't wanna give too much away but trust me, it's a super fab book & I am totally gonna buy the 1st book!!! Leave it to me to do things backwards!!!

Work has been so slow lately so we have to take a load when one comes up. We got word early last week that my Aunt Pat passed away. The funeral arrangements would be on Saturday...which totally works as we're home on the weekends...usually. Well wouldn't ya know it, Ken got a call to go on a load. And like I said, we gotta take what we can get. So we whooshed down to IL & back up, hit some oober yucky weather & made it to Aunt Pat's funeral a tad bit late...but we made it & for that I am glad.

We didn't make it to Ken's works Award Banquet that night. We were both pooperd out to the max. 3000 miles in a handful of days has a tendency of wearing ya out. But my lil brother JJ spent the night. =)

So, today seeing Ken doesn't have a load we decided we'd make a nice din din. I am totally diggin http://www.5dollardinners.com/ It's a way super fab blog with some really awesome recipes!! Tonight we tried the Rosemary Orange Chicken & we had it with steamed brochlii...super delish!! When I asked ken what he thought of it he said "it tastes healthy" but he continued to eat everything off his plate. Now if you know Ken at all if he doesn't like it, he doesn't eat it. So he actually liked it & said I could try it again. You can find the recipe here :http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/01/rosemary-orange-chicken.html With mine though I baked it (we didn't have ample time to do the crock pot method) and I poured a lil bit of orange juice in the bottom.


It's been snowing here for days on end. Just enough every day to have to shovel or snowblow. I don't mind though & actually LUV winter!! Just not the cold. The picture below is the front sidewalk. We're running out of room to put the white stuff!!!




This is what I call mount Woodbury!! It takes up half of our driveway & half of our neighbors.




And here's the front of the house. I guess the pictures don't do the height of the snow justice. Just believe me...it's at least up to my chest!!!
So, I think that pretty much covers it. I'm working on knitting, still reading my eyeballs out, preparing paperwork for taxes & oh wait!! I do have more!! Totally rented a movie from Redbox today!! And with the code got it for FREE!!!!! How stinkan neato is that!! Another exciting thing, then I'll shut up....Fancast.com!!! Super fab website, totally watch movies & tv programs FREE!!! They even have The Smurfs & Gilligans Island!!! What more could I need!!! We got rid of our satellite but still like to watch programs now & then & this totally let's us do that! PLUS it'll be super fab to utilize when we're on the road & have some down time & want to watch some boob tube-age!!!
Ok, treadmill time!! Peace =)



No comments: