About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Special Phone Call

When I got up this morning I checked my email from my cell phone & saw that I had a mssg from my swell friend Shashi. It had said that she tried to call me!!! I was so sad I missed her call as I was on the road with Ken. Ok, for most people this would be no big deal to recieve a phone call from their friend right? This phone call meant she could hear again!! Now folks, that rocks my socks!!!

I "met" Shash on Myspace in a MM group 2, maybe 3yrs ago and we've been friends ever since. Man, I couldn't even put into words how much she has influenced my life. She really has. I know I'm a strong person but when I just started dealing with all the not so fun things of MM I was pretty down & out. I refrained from doing things with friends & family. I was flippen scared out of my mind too. I felt alone, even though I have an amazing out of this galaxy husband. But even still, he didn't truly understand what I was feeling...but Shash did. At first we discussed MM crappolla & not long after we started talking about pastimes, our hubby's, family & what not. We found we have way more in common than the MM junk & it became less & less of a topic in our emails. She's been my friend through 3 failed adoptions with my husband & I, the birth of their son, birthdays, holidays, Red Sox winning the World Series (her hubby is a Yanks fan), the many cute things of their son, the love of crafting, she has made me fabulous jewelry, we share Dr appointment stuff & research...but yet we have never met in person. It's on my hope to do list!!!

A year & a half ago was the last time I spoke to her on the phone. That was when she got new "doo daddles" & man, we talked for hours. Then her hearing took a crap & her doo daddles did too...until today!!! She got a new dooo daddle (hearing aid) and is able to use the phone again!! Sooo super cool! I'm such a shmo, I got all teary eyed. But this is a real big thing, her being able to hear. I'm just sooo stoked for her & yes, it was sooo nice to be able to talk to my friend. She will be going to MN again for another fitting & Ken mentioned we'll have to take a ride to go meet her!!! Now how much do you think my Socks would be rocked if we went to meet her!!! Let's just say A LOT!!! I just had to share this ultra fabulous news about my ultra fantabulastic friend Shashica!!!!

No comments: