About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Rhubarb Crisp

I was in a funk on the 28th. It had rained buckets & our roof leaked into the kitchen which in turn sent 2 beloved items to electronic heaven...my cell phone & our new camera....=( So I was not a happy camper so to speak. What to do in times like that??? Go to the garden & harvest rhubarb & make this. Before you know it you'll be in happy land enjoying this scrumptious treat...believe me, I know these things & you really outta make this if you have some rhubarb on your hands.

Rhubarb Crisp


1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon

4 cups sliced rhubarb

1 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp corn starch
1 cup water
1tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8x8 pan

Mix light brown sugar, flour, oats, melted butter & cinnamon in a bowl. Press half of crust mixture into the bottom of the pan.

Pour rhubarb on top of crust

In a saucepan combine granulated sugar, corn starch, water & vanilla. Cook over medium heat until liquid is clear. Pour hot clear liquid over rhubarb. Top with remaining crust mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes

Note: My cell phone has since come back to life but the camera is still not up to par....oh and don't forget to top this desert with ice cream....your tummy will thank you oodles!!!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Love Rhubarb...not sure that the hubby does or not....but I will file this one for later...maybe I will mix in some strawberries to hide the rhubarb a little! {{[giggle}}}

Have a great week!
T