About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finding peace in the simple things

Today was a blissfully good day. One that was full of house cleaning, getting my fingers immersed in some soil, sitting in the screen porch watching the birds nibble away at the feeders. I began reading the first book of the Anne Of Green Gables series and came back in the house as the sun was setting. I hung blankets on the line, watered my veggie garden and took pictures of my gardens. I enjoyed every minute of cleaning my house. Some may call that borderline nuts but really, I do like cleaning my house most of the time. Tomorrow I will organize my kitchen cabinets. I am slowly but surely letting go of the nonsense. I know for my own happiness I have to omit the nonsense in my life. Even if it means bidding adieu to some people. I recently came upon a quote. Yes, I am a quote geek.

"Enjoy life, how it is, and as it comes.There are always those who are worse off than we are. There are many things in your life that will catch your eye, But only a few will catch your heart... pursue those..."

I am going to be implementing this on a daily basis.

2 comments:

It's me ...Mavis said...

Maybe I should start reading the books too. About 5 years ago I woke up on a Sunday morning and there was an Ann of Green Gables marathon running on PBS ( I had never even heard of it before) and I ended up staying in bed the ENTIRE DAY... up until about 11 o clock that night... Next time you are sick you should rent/borrow thee dvd's :)

Jewel said...

Anne of Green Gables is one of my all-time favorite series! The books & the movie! Love 'em!