About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A week whooshed by in a blink of an eye

Wow! I totally didn't mean for a week to go by without posting. We had a fantastic Easter lunch at Ken's grandparents house and then we went to my sister's to visit afterwards. There were two awesome things that stick out about that day. We had a pie eating contest. Yup, you read that correct. We put our hands behind our backs & acted like pigs! It was hilarious. The most precious thing was hearing my nieces say "this was the best Easter ever!!" I asked them why they think that. My oldest niece, Kayla said "because everybody that I love is here" Jordyn said "yup, me too" and planted some hugs on her auntie that has a heart made of mush. My nephew wanted rides in our pickup truck so his Uncle Kenny hooked him up with that.


This week we also bough this desk. Ken had seen it on clearance for $50. It was regularly $200!! Cha Ching!! So, Miss Kathy gathered some screwdrivers and went to work after Ken went on the road.

I just LOVE it!! I wasn't fond of the drawers and there are other things I could use openings for. Almost all of our old and new cookbooks are on the top, the recipe boxes are on the right hand side where one of the drawers would have been. They no longer take up my limited counter space in my small kitchen. It's super convenient to sit at the desk and page through the books, jot notes, etc. We purchased the cardinal ceramic a short time after Ken's Nana passed away. It was one of her favorite birds. The candle holder in the middle used to be his Nana's. I have since put Nana's fish bowl there. I might get a betta fish for the lil tank. We'll see. Ken now has a place to put his settlements from work on the left hand side. Usually they go in the file cabinet in their envelopes which is total chaos. They are right there so I can do my totals on a monthly basis. I am certain this desk will help us run our business more efficiently. The calculator has a place, as do the envelopes. Yesterday I spent a good 7 hours doing paperwork at it. Uncle Sam will be happy. I don't know if you noticed or not, but I have a big thing for notebooks. There's one for our budget, meal ideas & recipes, gardening, blog and other writing topics, ideas and quotes. You name it, I've got a notebook for it. It's not uncommon for me to have 5 notebooks in each room and a stack of empty ones. I do have to admit, my notebook obsession sometimes drives Ken batty.

When I work in the den 9 times out of 10 at least one of the dogs is sprawled out on the couch in front of the patio doors. This is our Allison Jeanne taking an afternoon siesta in the sunshine.


The day after I put the desk together I came down with the flu, spent two days pretty much sleeping and drinking oodles of water and resting some more. Hence the whole no blog posts. I have several ideas rolling around for future posts. I'm almost back to my normal happy go lucky, energetic self and will be back to normal posting soon. Hope you are having the greatest weekend.


~Kat~

1 comment:

Jewel said...

What an awesome deal on that desk! Rock on for bargains! Sorry to hear that you got the flu. Glad to hear that you are getting better!