About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Over The Top Democrat

Did you get out and vote today? If not, I sure hope you had a good reason. I feel it is our duty and an amazing privilege we have been given to elect our officials. I was filled with excitement and hope as I drove to my voting place.

I will be beyond ecstatic for the never ending phone calls to stop and my mail box won't be bursting at the seams tomorrow with the "vote for me because so and so sucks" type of fliers. I am hopeful and excited for the outcome of today's election.

I want to write about my experience I had yesterday. I was using the leaf blower/sucker in the front yard when a gal in her early to mid 20's approached me. At first I thought she was the neighbor from across the street returning a piece of mail she accidentally got. Nope, it was a young gal informing/begging me to vote a certain way. Now, I don't think I am straight Democrat or Republican or Independent and often times, I wish we could vote for Papa Smurf. There's always the over the top, psycho Independents, Democrats and Republicans. I know several of those types and I appreciate their opinion even if it is not shared by me.

Well, this gal called me by my full name and I realized I was in for it so I played along with her psycho babble. I asked her questions and the answers she gave were nothing close to factual. She would stumble on the facts about her candidates and couldn't even say their name properly. She then went on to tell me what Human Resources are....like I was some sort of idiot. She, assumed several times that I was a teacher because I was wearing my home team sweatshirt and jogging pants. Now, I have nothing against teachers and I find them to be rather fabulous. But when she referred to me as one several times because of my apparel and told me I NEED to, and please vote Democrat I seriously wanted to blow her away with the leaf blower.

She then went on to say that the folks on the Democratic ballot are very similar to the folks currently in office....UMMMMM, I live in MI, the U.P. We are often forgotten or not even acknowledged on the map of the United States. I feel the current office holders are not doing their job and I hope for change. I guess I should have said, " thanks miss psycho Democrat for sealing the deal for me. Your current Democratic officers suck and you are now telling me that the ones running are extremely similar to them...." Did I mention she mentioned the teacher thing several times? After about the 5th time I told her I support my home team and happen to find the outfit comfortable.

One more thing...I was hounded two more times today from this political party begging me for their vote and telling me why I needed to. I mean, seriously, that kind of nonsense turns people off and is completely rude.

I am sure I may have offended some people by writing this but this is my blog, where I can write about whatever I choose.

I love my Country and I feel completely privileged that I have the right to vote. I respect other's opinions and do not, and will never force my personal opinion on someone.

No comments: