About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pass it on


Today after our workout we went to food court in the mall and picked a boy and a girl of of the angel gift tree. It makes me so sad when I see that all a 10 & 11 yr old want is some new socks and a pair of jeans. Ken and I are fortunate to be in the position to help these kids and I am so grateful.


Today, I posted this on my facebook and holy smokes!! The conversation went in a direction I never expected. Some talked about people abusing welfare, others talked about how middle class white males have the upper advantage. Seriously folks? It sickens me that people would go to thos eextremes. The facts are, there are people and pets out there who need help and we should absolutely do what we can to help them.


Christmas is not about gifts. I despise Corporate Christmas. This year Ken & I will be helping out these two kids and donating to our local Animal Society. My sister and I exchange handmade gifts and I choose to make the majority of the gifts I give.


All I am asking is for people to remember those less fortunate. Remember, you are blessed, pass it on.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Beautifully said. Pass on love, not judgement.

Jewel said...

Amen, sista!