About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

For the love of yarn

Holy smokies! I rarely post about the crafty stuff that goes on anymore. Well, other than on facebook. That's gotta change. Remember, limit FB time this year? I'm working on it. Here are some projects I've hooked up.


This is going to be my Valentine scarf. I wore it once so far but it's going to make it's big debut on our family sleigh ride on February 12th. A couple of us decided we'd make it a Valentine theme. Super stoked!

The interesting color choice in these footies was chosen by our neato cousin Kasey. Apparently she wears shoes to school and then changes into various slippers for her classes. She asked me on Christmas Eve if I could make her a lavender and bright yellow pair. She'll be 15 two days after the hunky hubby and my 15th wedding anniversary. To this day Kasey says she could hear the music playing at our reception while in her mom's womb. Haha silly girl. But ooberously swell and we love her.

These itty bitty booties are for my sweetie pie head niece Joy. I could never put into words the love I have for her and I miss her everyday.


My nephew Danny wearing the puppy dog hat I made for him while he chows down on some beefaroni.

I saw a picture of a hat like this and used my noggin, rather, the measurement my sister Jamie gave me to customize the hat as per Danny's head shape. Then I put my noggin to work to make the ears, nose and eyes shapes. Super fun and I think I'm totally going to experiment with other oinky, mooy, meowy characters.


Oh, and there's a doggytastic scarf to match the hat! Had a pattern for this but shortened it up to fit the lil goober.


So many snowflake scarves were crocheted this fall/winter. Every time I wore my scarf it snowed the day after. I kid you not. I should start sleeping in it so we get some major fluffage. Mother nature has been rather skimpy on us the past two years.
Next week I am hoping to go on the road with the hunky hubby and reteach myself how to knit. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Please stop wearing the snowflake scarf! Hahahaha...jk...love the items you have made. I never thought of making scarf motifs. Neat idea...thanks.

alex said...

Wow great work,you are very artistic.It's so amazing.




House Cleaning Portsmouth, NH

House Cleaning RI