About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Making the best of some down time

On January 23rd, 2011 I did something I didn't know if I'd ever be able to do. I dominated the Bosu ball. Going to the gym was paying off. All of the balance exercises and workouts I put myself through worked!! I stood on this ball for several minutes while Ken was across from me. Then we tossed an 8lb weighed ball back & forth. I never even fell or anything. Totally stoked!! I went home and totally posted this pic on my fb wall...cuz I'm cool like that. Everything goes on fb. Especially this!!

Gosh, I was doing so well at kicking meniere's rearendolla. Being on top of this ball put me on top of the world!! The day before this Bosu Ball victory I took on the treadmill. I had to get rid of mine about a year ago because being on it gave me horrible vertigo attacks, sending me to the floor while my brains spun. A little over two months after we joined the gym I went on the treadmill. I was warned by the hunky hubbykins to be careful. I was. It felt GREAT!! Better than great. I sped it up, and ran. I, Kathy Woodbury, love to run. The track geek in me will never die. It. Was. Awesome.
Well....I think I jinxed myself royally because my meniere's has me beyond my normal wackadoodled self. It has been kickin my arse since the day after the wunnaful Bosu Ball victory. Very discouraging. I have gone to the gym three times since the 23rd. I usually go at least once a day, sometimes twice a day. Not acceptable. I was doing alright by Thursday this week so I decided it was time to make the birdies a treat. Some peanut butter mixed with bird seed and then smeared on pine cones and then rolled in more bird seed would provide a lil winter treat for my feathered friends.

Hunky hubby came home on Friday and I was doing pretty good until later that night. Way to mess up the weekend meniere's. All was not lost though. We watched some movies and did lots of snuggling and I slept a lot. We're talking 10-12 plus hours per night. I also whipped up some funtastical slippers.
I think meniere's knew that my body needed a good crochet bonanza so it reared it's disgustingness. It also reminded me I can only do so much. It, meaning meniere's is here to stay. There will be little breakthroughs like the Bosu Ball and treadmill. There will also be challenges. I'm always up to a good ole challenge. Remember, the inner track geek will always thrive for a victory.

I'm well on my way to opening up my very own ETSY shop after this week's crocheting bonanza. If meniere's didn't knock me down a few notches I may never had made the time to work on my aspiration of having an etsy shop. I will get back on that Bosu Ball and running on the treadmill again. That is a promise.
"It's not whether you get knocked down. It's whether you get up again."~Vince Lombardi

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Wow, you are totally amazing w/your attitude. I love your geeky self. I'm sorry that menieres attacked you again! :( But I am so excited that you'll be opening your own Etsy shop!!! I always said you need to sell your beautiful creations! Ooh, I can't wait to view it & see all of your goodies! Love Ya!