About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Remember me?

Hello...remember me? I decided to take a week off from my blog. I spent a good majority of the time being on the road with my hubby, had a short two day visit with his Nana in Massachusetts, dealt with a sick Arizona Claire, still mending Allison Jeanne's paw, crocheting several projects, having the flu & a cold, being a dizzy mess for a couple days, read a couple books, took the pups to camp to let them run, did some serious sports watching & a smidgen of chillaxing.








The patio furniture is put away for winter. Yes, I said winter. It'll be here before we know it! In fact we've had a couple mornings of heavy frost. Which means my outside plants are needing space inside the house. I'll work on finding them a home in the house today.



Yesterday I planted about 200 tulip bulbs, 50 daffodil bulbs & harvested another crop of rhubarb. I am uncertain if the rhubarb is edible this late in the season. It looks fantastic though so we'll see what can be done with it. The trees are almost naked here but the lawn has a pretyt blanket of oranges, reds & yellows. Which reminds me...I'll have to rake soon.



My lil brother spent the night on Friday. Man, he's a fabulous kid. Unlike many of the "typical" 15yr old "know it alls". Each & every time he comes over he has to give me a hug & tell me he loves me. He does the same to Ken. Before I make him out to be a serious kid I can assure you he is just as wackadoodle-ish as his big sis!! Man he's a hoot!!














Saturday morning while Ken was in bed I made breakfast. Pancakes, bacon & juice. Man! I hate pancakes! But Ken loves em as does JJ. With it being Sweetest Day I figured what the heck. I'll make pancakes. I followed the directions on the bisquick box & then "doctored" em up a bit by adding real vanilla extract & cinnamon. I then heated up home made apple pie filling I made last week & added a lil bit of vanilla to a tub of cool whip. Whaaalaaaa We had some tasty pannycakes!!!




There's oodles to do around the house. Ken left his a.m. so I have to keep myself busy. I'm always more productive when he's gone. I miss him already.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Welcome back to blogland! Glad you had a fun trip out east! Did you see any buggys?