About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Magic Of The Season

It's no secret Christmas is my favorite Holiday. I sleep, eat & breath Christmas through the year....for serious!! It seems people get caught up in the hustle bustle of Corporate Christmas though...and that saddens me. Don't get me wrong, I love to shop sometimes. I guess I don't like the "greed" that Christmas brings out in people.

Last night while watching Christmas Movies & munchin on candy canes I was thinking about what it is for me that truly makes my Christmas.

It's the snow, the carols, the lights, the trees, the hot apple cider, the looks on the kids faces, the friendships & family, the gatherings, the magic of it all. I'm 33yrs old & yes, I still find Christmas magical!!!

My family used to go on sleigh rides years ago. I miss that. We'd go to these fantastic Ice Caves in the Trenary area. My brother was stationed at a church there. I dunno if stationed is the proper word to use there....he's a Priest. Anyways....Ken & I go to Christmas In The Village every year. There is this absolutely stunning old time village at the Fair Grounds. It's awesome!! You can take a horse drawn sleigh ride through the grounds, buy hot cocoa & cider & cookies from the bakery, handmade candles, wreaths, enjoy music in the center, bonfires. Oh it's just fantastic!!! It's one of my favorite events to attend!! Especially at night!!! Brings out that magicness I was talkin about. Our City now does their Christmas Parade at night. This year I am definitely going!! Last year I was sick!!! =(

This Friday some friends are coming over to watch movies, make cards & share our Christmas spirit with one another!!! Total stokage!! It's my hope to spread Yuletide Joy to as many people as possible!!! Not everybody is as nutty as me...but perhaps some of my love for Christmas & the season could rub off on someone =) I'm interested in hearing your favorite things of the Christmas season.




2 comments:

Jewel said...

I love Christmas too! I don't think as early as you do tho! :) I'm not sure if I can describe the reasons why I like Christmas. Just the festiveness that it automatically brings! I love Christmas songs, traditional ones & new ones! I love decorating the house for Christmas. The anticipation that comes along w/the holiday. I love the song My Grown Up Christmas List...it's one of my favorites!

Tami said...

I love Christmas too! I have been itching to decorate for weeks now but have held back, trying to get some gifts that I am making finished. I am looking forward to blogging about Christmas when I get back from the Thanksgiving holiday with my parents.

My favorite things to do is spend time with family, thou this year we will not be going home for Christmas.
When little all the kids in the neighbor hood would go caroling and we would spend Christmas Eve with my Dad's family.
When we got older we went to Christmas Eve Candle Light services then come back to goodies. I could just go on and on about traditions from Christmas!

Have a great day!