About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

From our viewpoint

Yay!!! Happy Daytona 500 folks!!! For me the Daytona 500 means roots for on my butt & I plant them firmly on the recliner!! I should probably be cleaning or doing something else but today is the day I count down to from the last race of the previous season. It's a long 3 months for me with no racing. So today is quite the celebration!!

I uploaded some pics of out last trucking adventure. As always, the mountains kick all sorts of butt for me & it's where I am at peace. We traveled through the devastation in KY from the recent ice storms. We have never seen so many electric service trucks in one place...EVER!!! Trees were still strewn about peoples yards, on roofs, on the road & on a couple occasions we rode over power downed power lines. Ya know, you see these things on the news but it's nothing until you see it with your own eyes that it really sinks in.

You'll see a picture of a bridge....let me just say it sucked some serious butt!! Even worse when this lil two lane bridge that spans the mighty Mississippi has two semis on it that meet up going the opposite direction!! I don't think I will ever obtain a non potty mouth as all sorts of random filth spewed from my lips as the semi coming toward us was a q-tips length away! Ok, maybe it was a bit more than a q-tip length away...but it sure as hell felt that close!!!



We've seen some pretty awesome things on our trucking adventures...and I don't take a minute of it for granted!!! Our next adventures will be from another truck...as we say goodbye to our Kenworth & buy a new one. She sure was nice though & provided us many miles of sight seeing adventures.



No comments: