About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

In A Nutshell

Holy Beans!!! I go quite a bit of time without posting these days!!! So much has been going on as usual & I've been a truckin chiclet with my hubby. There's been some big decisions going on & some health crap. Other than that life's been fabulous!! Actually even those lil things it's still been a great adventure!!!

We've been going to North Carolina & South Carolina these past couple weeks. While in KY we saw a Sonny's BBQ & just HAD to try it out!! Oh my heckles!!! This northern gal could turn southern fairly quickly!! I'd be the size of a jet puffed marshmallow if I lived there though...those folks know how to cook!!! And I like to eat!!! The following day while in NC on a layover we couldn't help but notice the Sonny's across the road....yup, totally had to go & oink till we couldn't oink anymore!!! Man, life was so much easier when I was a fussy eater!!! During that meal I started to have a MM attack & the world was spinning. So uncool when that happens when we're in public. For the most part people will not see me on those days.

Anyways, after we ate Ken told me if I hurried up he would take me to Michael's (the mother of all craft stores) to get some yarn for a project. Oh, and I totally have to post about the sweater I finished this past week!! Oh, my, so much to talk about!! Anyfartles, I found my yarn in a jiffy pop & Ken found an end rack of pattern books. I was rather shocked he was looking at them. Now folks, picking out yarn takes me awhile...I LUV the stuff!! He showed me this pattern book & said I should get it so he bought it for me. Let me tell you folks...this book has some seriously kick arse patterns that I'm totally gonna crochet up!!! Oh, one might be wondering how the knitting thing is coming along...well it's not. I can do it but it takes forever. And face it, I'm a crocheter and to put down my beloved hook for those yummy needles I feel like I am just not doing those loyal crochet hooks any favors. Crocheting is my vice. Well that & ice cream. So, for the time being I am back to crocheting up a storm.

Now for the most part I don't talk about my Meniere's with very many. Just a few really know. I'm pretty much an open book when asked about things but for some reason with my MM crappolla I don't just blurt it all out & share it. I know a few people who find it necessary to divulge every stinkan thing about their health business and it really wears me down. By wasting so much time talking about your health woes you are totally missing out on so many adventures. And face it, people don't want to hear about all those ramifications. Anyways, I know I have some family that reads this & I really don't feel the need to sit down & discuss all the details of my MM. But I will say, it's been being a real wank in my butt!! For the past two weeks it's been up & down & my ears are driving me batty! One minute I can hear just fine & the next it's horrible. Bless Ken's heart for handling all this. I know I'm no walk in the park. Frankly it scares the flips out of me when I'm spinning out of my gourd & when my hearing goes all nutso. On bad days I wear hearing aids & am getting new ones in a couple weeks...and I don't think many people know that...not that it really matters anyways. But that's been a fact since I was 26. For some reason it bugs the farts out of me...and I don't know why. So don't take it personally if I don't discuss this with you. I guess I don't find it necessary to expose one's faults...and that's one of mine. I try not to let MM bug me but I know what is usually the end result with MM...but I know I will get through it. I have you fabulous people in my life.

So, today is Valentine's Day & folks, I have one awesome hubby!!! No joke!! He knows the way to my heart!! Today he came home from getting an oil change on the pickup & he handed me a bag...The first two Twilight books and some way yumalicious Saklly's toffee squares!! We got ourselves ready & went out for dinner & then mozied to Walmart & bought a meat smoker thing. That southern cooking sucked us in! Now hopefully we don't have the fire department at our house tomorrow as we are smoking pork roast & chicken boobies & smothering them with Sonny's Sweet BBQ sauce!!!! YUM!!!

On Monday we will be going to Green Bay to turn our semi in & also getting a different one. The good ole economy cranked out some ugly stuff to the truckers & we feel it's in our business' best interest to get rid of the big truck pmt & downsize to a different semi...with a much cheaper pmt. So, good news is...we're still able to afford being Owner Operators & the next truck is all ready set up for the microwave so there will be more healthy meals prepared at home to take with!! That has the potential of creating slimmer versions of Kaffy & Kennif!!! =)

So, that's it in a nutshell. I have oodles of pics to upload & some chocolates to eat now!!

No comments: