About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Hittin the ski trail

On Tuesday we hit the ski trail. It was our first time in years. Like we're talking a dozen or more. We weren't sure how either of us would do. We'd go often when we were dating. Then there were health issues, work issues, punk butt kids vandalizing the trail and then my meniere's crud that kept us off the trails. Hittin the gym daily, sometimes twice daily has truly paid off. We had the energy to complete the loop without any major issues and I stayed upright on my skis without any vertigo. Bozinga!!!
It's a mile in until you hit the loop. Once you hit the v there is a hill to climb. I had Ken go first so I could take pics. Once he neared the top he did a lil turn around pose for me. Then I said he should go down the hill. You know, for funzies. Plus, there are bigger hills on the trail so this would be good practice.

He even did another fun lil pose. Notice his exquisite form. Ski pole behind him, knees slightly bent, upper torso pointed down and forward. It looks like he's a pro at thins right???


He got to the bottom of the hill and fell on his rearendolla!!! Laid there for a minute, muttering. Saying it was my fault, he was going the wrong way on the trail...Keep in mind, we are both laughing hysterically. Like almost pee in your pants laughing!!



We got to another hill, Ken went down first. You could tell it was going to be a bit of a challenge. I had given him the camera before he went down so he could get a pic of me. Apparently he wanted to prove his theory that I would not be able to do it. Well, folks, the video proves that I MADE IT!!! =)

The day was riddled with two falls for me and another fall for Ken. On my first fall I was going down an uneven hill, fell flat on my butt, eyes up at the sky. There was a bald eagle soaring above. Ken was at the bottom of the hill and he noticed another eagle circling above. We stood there for 5-10 minutes. Took pictures, video and just marveled in the gorgeous place we call home. It's good to be a Yooper!!

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Yeah, how fun! You guys are awesome together!