About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Diaper Cake


I had a baby shower to go to today and I pondered what on Earth I could give to her. I already had made the baby a little dress. I knew I wanted to pick up some diapers. Let's face it, babies go through plenty of diapers. Sure, I could have bought a box of diapers, spent $7.99 to wrap the box, a pretty bow & whatnot...Or, I could make a diaper cake! I chose to let my imagination take me places and I made a 3 tiered diaper cake. I bought a large box of diapers and I then shoved baby type items in each layer. There were lotions, baby oil, shampoo, baby wipes, onesies, a crocheted dress, bib overalls, sleepers, pacifiers, pants, a bottle brush, a fleece blanket and some other odds and ends the baby needs. I'm pretty sure if I get invited to a baby shower this will be my gift of choice to give. This was way too fun!!!

3 comments:

Jewel said...

Wow, coming from a Mom, that is an AWESOME gift! I wish you were close to enough so I could've invited you to my baby shower for Braylon! Unfortunately we won't be having one this time around...isn't that just sad...the 2nd time around is just not the same!

It's me ...Mavis said...

I LOVE IT!!!! What a useful gift! I am a BIG FAN of giving stuff like this! I have never made one before but I think I might try one the next time around :)

Jewel said...

Hey, just so you know, it shows on my blog that you have posted a post titled "Mother's Day" but it doesn't show up on your blog. Just thought you'd like to know.