About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, May 3, 2010

We bought our plot today

You know what's really exciting? When you go to bed at night hoping to sleep but you can't seem to squeeze a wink of it in because you are just too excited. You're much like a child on Christmas Eve, but multiply that times 100000000000000000!!


Today is May 3rd and for the past month I have been waiting as patiently as possible for this day to come. At 8am I had to be at the MSU extension by the College to hopefully secure a plot at our Community Garden. Don't tell me you thought I meant a plot at the cemetary. lol
Well, folks, you're going to be seeing a lot of dirty posts because this here 30x30 plot of land that I paid $25 for is MINE!!! Yup, I secured a plot for the season and that makes me happier than ants on sugar!!

I will be able to keep this plot for years to come should I choose to...which I totally anticipate we will. It's cheap cheap cheap! $25 for the season and it's already plowed and disk ed. Now the weather just needs to stabilize so we can get planting. I'm gonna be up to my eyeballs in produce this year!! It's going to be fantastic!!!! Bozinga!


5 comments:

Jewel said...

Wow, that's great! I am so happy for you! I wish I lived near you so I could help you out!

Melanie said...

Hey now, I have a cemetary plot, so no laughing!

How awesome is that patch of dirt? We don't have that here, which is why I bought CSA shares. But I tell you what, I squeeze plants and herbs into every corner of my yard. I can't wait to see your "dirty" pictures - Tehehe!

Kathy said...

Oh Jewel, I would totally enlist you to help and then we could cook, preserve and just have oodles of fun!!

Melanie, I also squeeze anything in our teeny tiny 1/2 city lot we have here. This is going to be phenominal & I totally anticipate a huge yield of delicious fruits and veggies. I can't wait to have my "dirty pics" posted all over the internet! hehe

Oh, and we actually contemplated purchasing plots but we both want to be creamated and some of our remains put in Massachusetts by his Grandparents, some here by my parents grave, along the shores of Lake Superior by our babies memorial carving and some out in Montana. Then the rest, can be worked into the soil and whoever can grow a garden in my ashes if they desire. Sometimes I think we are such hippies. =)

It's me ...Mavis said...

Holy Cow.... that IS A LARGE PLOT! Way bigger than mine... and $5 cheaper too! I can't wait to read about your mountains of veggies!

Tami said...

Happy planting girlie!!