About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

CHAOS!

Hooray for new beginnings!!!

******





Last week was BEYOND stressful, scary & frustrating. So much went on all at one time. Ya know the saying, "when it rains it pours" Well it poured some nastiness at the Woodbury's last week.

******






Firstly, our lil girl Allison Jeanne got sick with the heine poos. It got so bad that she shot blood out of her furry heine. So we call the vet right then. Actually Ken called. I was a frantic mess. Well, it was after hours so he called the emergency line. Our vet answered but what she said just disgusted me so badly. She would not see our Ally. She had "other" plans for the night. Now, tell me...if one is on call for emergencies shouldn't they be available for emergencies? UGH!!! So, Ken got me all worked up that Allison was going to die, that our other dogs would get sick...He had me just a mess. Then he left to go on the road.



******


I called the vet right away Thursday morning & they took us right in. After a few tests & a couple shots & 2 scrips later, Allison & me were on our way. So everything will be honkey dorey right? WRONG! We get home & Brayden is now a pukey pooey mess and Macey followed shortly after. Fortunately I was able to speak to the vet on the phone & she told me to start Macey & Bray on the same meds Alley is on. So that was settled...


******



THEN....Our brand spankan new semim decides to go to crap. Some part that ignites the burnoff thing for the emmisions went to padooples. Ken had did a burnoff before he left. Then he had to stop in Manistique & do one. Anyways, he made it as far as Mackinaw City's rest area & called it a night. The burnoff thing was just not working. So, Thursday morning he called the Kenworth truck place in Gaylord, MI & they had to send a tow truck up there to get Ken & our semi. UGH again!!!


******


So, Ken sat there all day Thursday waiting for our truck to get fixed. Bad news...the part couldn't be there till Friday. More bad news...no motel rooms available unless he wanted to pay $104 for a not so swell room. Luckily he was able to sleep in his semi that night.


******


After all that bad news we had to force ourselves to look on the good side. We were both emotionally drained. Good things were....Allison was going to be fine & so were our other pups, our semi didn't blow up from the stupid burnoff thing not working & the truck would be fixed by Friday morn so we could still make it to Dave's bday party Friday night.


******


Well, Friday came & Ken called in the afternoon. The part is coming from overseas somewhere & is lost in translation!! His dispatcher then arranged for him to hitch a ride home with another Niagara driver passing through. Now our big beastly semi is down in Gaylord, the load is undelivered & Ken is driving a company truck till our truck can be fixed....sooo not swell.



******

BUT....things got better....Next post!!!

No comments: