About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hi, Low

Everyday for the past several years Ken & I do this thing called Hi/ Low. We first saw it being done in the movie "The Story of Us" with Michael Keaton. What a fantastical movie it was!



**************



In the movie at the end of each day they ask each other what their high was for that day & what their low was for the day. Each night as we lay down in bed we go through the high/lo routine. Even if Ken is on the road I ask him his highs & lows & he does tha same. At first when we started to do this it was so easy to pin point the lows & the highs took some real thinking. It showed us we need to be more thankful. I guess we just took those little highs for granted.




**************




Each and every day my high is waking up, having my hubby and pets & health, a roof over my head, family & friends. You know, that sort of thing. What we go for is the non obvious highs that happen every day. I notice I have oodles & oodles of highs every day!! One such high was the other day, I was sitting on the recliner & Buster nuzzled up to me & made himself all snuggly in my dress. Isn't he just adorable!




**************











I've been thinking about having one day each week where I post about the many things I am thankful for during that week. I was thinking Tuesdays but I'm leaning toward Thursdays...Thankful Thursday sounds rather catchy & swell. =)

1 comment:

Jewel said...

I love your Hi/Lo routine! That is awesome! We use to do a Thankful calendar. Each month I would print off a sheet of that month empty & every night we'd each write something that we were thankful for that day. And you're right, it's so easy to think of the typical highs...family, friends, food, housing, health, etc., but it was hard to think of others like a phone call that day, nice weather to do what we had planned, Braylon's giggle, an email, etc. I will look forward to your Thankful Thursday posts! That's an awesome idea!