About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Immerse my brain

Ken got home Friday night. A huge storm passed through Esky that afternoon. My cousin Brian called afterwards & said a tornado touched down in Gladstone. So scary! I saw the storm coming in so I let the dogs out. I knew rain was coming. but when I was outside my neighbor came over & tol me to seek shelter, that a tornado warning/watch was on it's way. YIKES!! So inward we went.

******

Now here's where the wackadoodle Kat comes into play. Immediately I began drawing water in the bathtub & lighting candles. With all the heine explosions the pups had been having I wanted to make sure if we lost power we'd still have some water for them so they wouldn't get dehydrated. Plus I'm a cool worry wart like that! I called Ken & asked if he'd talk to me. I was on my cell phone. It got wicked windy & water was coming from all sorts of directions. The clouds were just twirling...and so was my tummy!!!

******
That finally ended & a handful of hours later Ken got home!! =) Total happiness there. We barely saw each other last week. Unfortunately we missed David's birthday party. But with the dogs not feeling too swellacious I decided to stay home anyways to prevent a messy house.


******
Saturday was our neighborhood block party. So I made 3 of those blueberries & cream pies, a pan of blueberry lattice bars & a pan of brownies that morning while Ken ran to Manistique to deliver his load from earlier in the week.


******
When he got home we went to the Art in The Park down by the lake. It's such a wonderful event chocked full of immense talent!! My favorite part was watching a fella do a demonstration of throwing pottery. Oh, and the used book sale was fantastical! I left that table 7 books richer. I don't remember off hand what all of the titles are right now but two of them were The Odyssey & The Scarlet Letter. I haven't read The Odyssey since High School & have never read The Scarlet Letter. Totally can't wait for some free time to immerse my eyes & brain!!


******
When we got home we chilled out for a lil bit & then headed over to the party...

No comments: