About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday Week 2

Today is Thankful Thursday...I have hmmmed a haaa'ed about this all week as if I should continue this. Well today my Thankfulness's' are going to be in a list form. In this list I will include memories I have with each & every one of my siblings . Now, keep in mind there are some siblings I don't know all too well. Especially my biological Mom's 2 kids. Be prepared...this may take some time as I have oodles of siblings!!!! Now in order of their age...I present to you...


MY SIBLINGS =)

  1. Christine...I didn't know Chrissy growing up much. She was already married & moved to Montana by the time I came around. Or at least that's what I remember. Every Christmas Chrissy would send a package home chocked full of home made cookies & goodies for the family. After Mom & Dad died a bunch of us flew out to Montana to visit Chrissy. The other's went on a hike somewhere in the woods while Chrissy & I stayed at her house...her "aunt flo" was visiting. So going out amongst possible Grizzly Bears was NOT a good idea. That's when I truly got a grasp what "aunt flo" meant! LOL On that same trip we all went white water rafting. Something I will NEVER do again!! Chrissy made it funny though. Especially when she bounced out of the raft. She's actually a hoot & says some off the wall stuff. I could say a few more things but they are pretty personal. I'll say one thing though...sauna....
  2. Darryl...He was also already out of the house & at Seminary by the time I came along so he & I don't know each other as much as some of the others. BUT...He has mad skills at singing Miss Piggy & The "All In The Family" theme song!! Especially Edith Bunker!!!! I have never been one to be all huggy/kissy but Darryl was one to come in the house & give out hugs to everybody...including his filthy dirty kid sister. Well, all I cared to do was play, play, play. No time for kisses. So when he kissed me I started sticking out my tongue. Now if I knew then what I know know....ISH!! I french kissed my brother!! GROSSS!! Gag me with a spoon!! One summer afternoon I took little hunks of wood & a nail & made carvings of pictures & as far as I know Darryl still has his. Sooo silly!!!
  3. Bruce...Now this man is one of my hero's. Not to say any of my other family members are not great people. Bruce is exponential at being a human being. He's an amazing brother, listener, husband & father & Grandpa. He's one tough guy but also has the biggest heart of any man I know. His commitment to his marriage is inspiring. Each year Bruce, his wife Donna & their two boys Dave & Jay went to Great America for a vacation. I was so lucky & they'd take me along!!! How stinkan awesome is that!!! One of my fave memories of him was at one of our family get togethers he & a handful of us stayed up till who knows when making up songs as my brother Pat strummed his guitar. Another time was heading to camp for the night & we sat outside in lawn chairs until 4 in the morning watching shooting stars.
  4. Joe...Joe was also out of the house by the time I came along. He gives the biggest hugs that ever existed. At times you think your toe nails are going to come out of your nose when you get a "Joey hug" When I was young what I remember most is Joe sitting at the piano playing Christmas songs & Dave, Jay & Myself singing along. Perhaps he had a lil to do with my love for Christmas Carols. He also played at Church masses (still does) and when I was a kid he was behind a screen. Well after Mass we'd go to his lil corner. For some reason I always thought that was pretty cool. Like hiding behind the screen during mass...LOL
  5. Jim... Jim is not only my brother but he's also my biological Dad. It was his parents that adopted me when I was a baby. He's hella funny!! For lack of better words!! He has his own lil language. Says "Breferse" instead of breakfast...totally cracks me up!!! Jim would come see me on the weekends when I was a kiddo. Sometimes we'd go for a ride in his big ole blue pickup truck. Sometimes he'd give me a quarter & I'd run to Norm's store & get what else? CANDY!!!. After Mom & Dad died I moved with Jim & his wife Donna. Jim & I would take Saturday afternoon trips to camp & munch on Pringles & squirt cheese. One of my favorite memories. Just a few weeks ago we had the opportunity to make more memories & went on a canoe trip. It was a complete BLAST & I'm so thankful we were able to share that!!!!
  6. Pat...He's the guitar player in the fam & he's flippen fantabulastic at it!!! When I was a kiddo he & his wife would pick me up & we'd mow his lawn...which I totally LOVED!!! I was never allowed to operate the mower at home so doing it at Pat's was a treat. Ohhh, and after the mowing was finished we went to John's U.S. Gas station & he bought me a Hershey's chocolate bar!! YUM!! Then I'd spend the night. I stood as flower girl in his & Kim's wedding when I was 5. I still have the dress!!! Watching a Packer game with Pat has never been boring!! Actually watching Pat is far more entertaining than the game...and I'm a huge Packer Backer fan!!!
  7. Mike....Now he was still home when I came along. Between him, Laurie & Kelly, they basically raised me. Mike usually gave me baths. When he'd take my shirt off he'd leave it on my head & holler "sister Abis, Sister Abis" To this day I don't know the meaning of it...I'm thinking I looked like a Nun with a "Habit" on my head. He also invented wicked cool hairstyles!! One which we dubbed the "Kathy ponytail" Sometimes we'd stand in his bedroom & dance. To this day I LOVE the song "Pop Muzik" by M. That was our song. Mike was always one to scare the jeepers out of people too. You'd walk by & Mike would be hiding under the stairs or wherever. Perhaps that's why I'm as jumpy as I am! LOL It seems like we were in the department store on a weekly basis buying the newest Barbies. And... Mike would help me name them!!! He also built me a heine kickin dollhouse for Christmas in 1985.
  8. Laurie...She was basically my only sister growing up. Yeah, I had Chrissy but I didn't truly know her. There's a 12yr age gap between Laurie & I. So sharing a room with me must have been sheer HELL for her!!! But we managed to come out of it alive & still luv the crap out of each other. Her & I were always bickering. I was spoiled rotten, I admit. Growing up her & I would lay on the couch & I'd always snuggle up to her legs. When I moved out of Jim & Donna's & went back to the family house her & I shared a room once again. This time we had the whole basement though!!! Total coolness!! We kept a Christmas tree up until March & decorated it each season!!
  9. Kelly....He provided me with a Kit Kat candy bar every week!! He worked at the VFW for Bingo & in the morning if there was a Kit Kat in the fridge it was MINE & it was from him!!! He was also the homework helper & on a few occasions the "doer" Working at Elmers with him was a flippen hoot!! Especially when I was in the cake dept & he was in the meat dept. We'd plan out our "Survivor nights" there. Total funn-ness times a million!!! He's quirky, like me & I like that!! Ohh and each year, around Easter time The Wizard of Oz would be shown. Kell, Mike, Laurie & myself would sit glued to the tv eating popcorn & drinking red koolaid as if it was our 1st time watching it. Those were the days!!

Below are the rest of my siblings. A handful are my real dad's kiddos, a couple are my real Mom's & a couple are one'e who were adopted by my real Mom's family. I will start with the kids raised by Karen, my real Mom. Keep in mind, I really do not know these two too much.

  1. BJ...I don't know him all too well. He seems like a good kid. Actually he's in his 20's already. I got to know him a little bit after his wife passed away a couple years ago. He & I share a love for big engines, and big trucks & going fast. You get him away from his environment & he's pretty cool. He has a loving heart...when he lets it show.
  2. Bobbie....This is where I have a hard time...I won't go into details...but I am thankful she did not abort my nephew Danny when she was pregnant & had the decency not to raise him herself.

Now on to my Real Dad's fabu kiddos!!!

  1. Amber...What an amazing spirit she has. She faces many challenges in life but tackles them with strength. Watching her accomplish many things inspires me. She adores the Green Bay Packers & any sport actually. She's so fun to sit with & watch games. Hearing her get excited about things that most people would consider to be minuscule excite me. She has a zest for life & appreciates the little things.
  2. Josh...When he came to us he was a one year old twerple...but a darn cutie pie head. For awhile he shared a room with me. His nightly "duice" calls annoyed me to no end. Oh, btw, "duice" is Joshy talk for Juice. He & I also share a passion for big trucks, big engines & going fast. I took him everywhere when I was a teenager. He was like his big sister's tag along...much like I was with my older siblings. It's hard to believe he's now a man. Oh well, he's still my kid brother & I can still kick his but...well that's what I say!! LOL
  3. Aaron...what a lil munchkin he was when he came to us. I'm so proud of him for joining the National Guard & he's supposed to be going "Active" soon. It's hard to believe the lil baby I rocked is a man now. He's still a punk though with lots of growing up to do but I am certain he will get there. Once he let's you in you will realize what a charming fella he is. He's great fun to sing with & dance around with. Get us together & you have yourself a two person comedy show.
  4. Jessica...She also has some obstacles in life but she handles them with grace. Just recently she gave me a bracelet she made for me. She loves to do crafts...as do I. So it's always great fun sitting down with her making things & just watching her create things. She adores animals too & it's always awesome watching her interact & be mother-ly to my many pets.
  5. Jimmy...He & I are very close. It reminds me of me & Kelly growing up in a way. JJ is a complete joy to have around, very helpful, and hella funny!!! He was just a baby when I moved back to the family home after high school. I babysat the kids all the time so when I moved out it was like leaving my kids. I know, I was just a kid myself but still...JJ tagged along at my heals for everything. I walked in the door & he jumped in my arms. To this day he sees me & gives me hugs & tells me he loves me.
  6. Jesse James...He came along after I was already out of the house. We've had him over for the day on occasion & he's one heck of a jibber jabber-er & can easily entertain a whole country. He cracks me up! On our most recent visit we made cupcakes. Like any kid he wanted every color sprinkle on the cupcake. Watching his face when I said go for it was sheer bliss. Take that boy shopping for his birthday gift & you'll have a field day!! He's soo indecisive. But hes 6 so yeah, he sees one thing, wants that, changes his mind in the next aisle. He totally cracks me up!

Next are my two sister's who were adopted by my biological Aunt

  1. Jamie...She is my only full blooded sister. In the ways her & I are alike we are very alike & the ways we differ, we really differ!!! I met her when I was probably around 8 or so. I always knew I had a sister Jamie. One 4th of July at the parade I met her. It wasn't planned. But our families happened to be watching on the same corner. We got introduced to each other & we watched the parade, sharing our candy & having a Good ole time. After Mom & Dad died we lost contact for 8yrs. But once we got back re-united we picked up where we left off. We've had numerous good times & a few not so well times. I won't get into those though...I have 2 wunnaful nieces & a super fab nephew. She invited me to be in the delivery room when her youngest daughter was born. What a gift! I also cut the umbilical cord for Jordyn & Jordyn's middle name is after our 2nd baby...it's pretty special.
  2. And last but not least is Elizabeth...who friggen rocks the house!!! She & I didn't really get to know each other until she was a teenager but once we did holy bean bags!! We share a lot of quirks, and interests & when people see us together it is her & I that people say look like sister's. Anytootles, she has given me two amazing nieces whom I totally adore to pieces!!! We've had oodles of fun times, geocacheing, movies, brunches, shopping, and just being dorks. That's what I luv about her. She's not afraid to be herself & just be quirky. She's a scatterbrain like me so we "get" each other. And we both LOVE, LOVE LOVE books!!!! I totally can't wait to go book shopping together one day!!! We also have sister tattoos. Hers on her foot & mine is on the back of my neck. It's of a shooting star. (I will go into what it means to me in another post.) To not even grow up with each other & to have what we have now is freakin fantabulastic!!!

So there you have it in a nutshell...a very large nutshell in fact. These are my siblings...all of them & I am so very thankful for each & every one of them. They have all had a part in inspiring me, and helping me to become who I am today & that pretty much rocks my socks bright purple!!!!

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Wow! It was great to hear about all your family! Altho I couldn't read your top paragraph b/c of the music box! So I'll have to wait til you post again so it'll push this post down lower on your blog & then I'll be able to read what you wrote on top!