About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hoping for a miracle

I'm going to cut to the chase right away. It's no secret I am not what you'd call very religious. I don't attend weekly services & haven't in years. That's not to say I don't believe. In fact I have a deep spiritual belief & I pray often. Just not publicly. It's one of the things in my life I keep very private.



******



Well I've been thinking...LOTS!! I have a friend who's Mom is terminally ill with the evil C word. CANCER. She's had it for years but now her journey is taking her for a loop. The cancer is now in her brain and she is bedridden amongst other things. She needs a miracle. I was talking throughout the night with my friend about this. I wish I could take his pain & hurt away & make his Mom well. I admire Shane & his Mom's love for each other. It sucks knowing my friend is in so much pain. I know we all meet our Creator some day & ultimately we don't belong to anybody but the Lord.



******


I have also been keeping up with a story of a married couple who have a blog who are going through some very trying times. This is Tom's blog link http://www.staroftheseabreezes.blogspot.com/ and this is Alison's http://mrsladystaroftheseabreezes.blogspot.com/ No, I don't know these people personally. But their love story & strength is inspiring. Alison needs a miracle too.



******

I have a sister who lives in Montana. I don't really know Christine too well. She's in her mid 50's so there's somewhat of an age gap. Anyways, she was just diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She will be going through surgery in a week or so.

******



My Dad passed away from cancer. As did Ken's Grandpa Woodbury. Ken's Nana is a breast cancer survivor of 32yrs. Ken grandpa Krause had prostate cancer, and so did his uncle Don. My biological aunt just had a mass mastectomy a handful of weeks ago. My childhood friends brother passed away from cancer, my friend Becky is a cancer survivor of 15yrs, and I've had extended family & friends beat & pass away from this wicked disease.

******



I think about the C word a lot. Probably too much actually. It affects too many people! I often wonder how we can put a man on the moon & not have a cure for cancer.

******



There has to be something we can do!!! Ever since my Dad died 22yrs ago I have been thinking of "what can I do to help" The passion for "what can I do to help" grew even deeper after participating in The Relay For Life a couple months ago. I have an idea but I have to contact the proper people to see if it's feasible. I know there are cancer wards & camps all over the place. My idea is making patchwork afghans & sending them to patients. But I'd need the help of "miracle hands" to make squares. I call them "miracle hands" because it is my hope that if many people contribute a square for an afghan that is then given to a sick individual that the individual will feel the love through this blanket which so many hands had a part in. Imagine being wrapped in warmth by so many caring hands. It could just provide a miracle!! That is my hope!!

******


I need to do some research about this idea...if anybody has any leads or other thoughts please let me know. Cancer's heine needs to be kicked to the moon!

1 comment:

Jewel said...

1st of all I love your flower picture up top!
2nd of all, those people, Tom & Alison, that you have their blog...they are friends of a friend of mine! Just Mon. she sent out an email asking for prayer for this couple & sent their blogs. Isn't that crazy that I 1st hear about them thru my friend Darcy who lives in IN & then from you who lives in MI! How did you find their blog if you don't even know them?