About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thankful Thursday

In a previous post I mentioned how I'd like to start having Thankful Thursday posts. Each Thursday I'll post just a smidgen of the wonderful things from the week that I am thankful for. It is a reminder to continue to give thanks every day!!! This Thursday however I am going to post random thankfullness' from this week & in the past. It's just too hard to narrow it down!!! =) In no particular order here are some of....
Kaffy's many thankfullness'
My lil sister Elizabeth

For being kids again & dressing up for Halloween with Pat & Sammi

Pat was Agnus Young from AC/DC & I guess we were his groupies.







My ultra fabulous friend Shash!









My handsome, fantabulastic hubby & gorgeous Lake Superior behind us










My quirky, loud, obnoxious, awesome, kind friend Sammi







Steve for giving me a ride on his crotch rocket. We went 110 & I loved every second of it!














I'm thankful I will NEVER ever do this to my hair ever again...also very thankful for the invention of tweezers & wax to tame those furry caterpillar eyebrows! And a hubby who loved me through this look!!!! I'm very fortunate!







Our friends Jeff & Jenny's twins. Born at 25 weeks. They are now home & doing fantastical!!!







For my elementary days friend Jewel & her hubby Ben & son Braylon. It's been awesome re-connecting & getting to know each other again. Their love & commitment is outstanding & inspiring!







For reuniting with Kellie. We've been friends for eons & lost touch for 14yrs after she moved with her Mom. She is now back in my life & I am so thankful!!!







Hooray for dorky Arizona when she was a pup. She ALWAYS sat in the water side bowl while she ate. She's like 5 times bigger than that now & has thankfully grown out of splashing water all over the place. Well for the most part.







My niece Kayla, nephew Danny & niece Jordyn








Snowflakes during Christmas in the Village Days



















I am eternally thankful for my hubby, my best friend & hiking along Lake Superior's cliffs







For having such a photogenic doggy =)




For the log bed my real Dad & brother made us for Christmas a few years ago. Also, for the blue afghan which was my Moms & the purple afghan at the foot of the bed that Ken's Nana made for us =)






Christmas tree's in the bedroom!!! And a hubby that allows his wife to put up 4 to 5 trees =)







once again, for Christmas trees & hubby & the fact that our 4 dogs sat still long enough to take a picture. This was taken before we got Arizona Claire




For my nieces Brittany, Courtney, Breanna & nephew Bryan. They were playing dressup. Bryan was to get married to a neighborhood girl & my nieces were in the wedding party! Too funny!





For butterflies on apple trees






And sunsets. This was taken at Ken's Nana's lake in Massachusetts





For having the best inlaws! Front L to R: Gpa Woodbury, his bird Cookie, Breanna, Courtney & Brittany. Back Row L to R: Kens sister Connie, Bryan, Ken, Ken's parents, Nana, and Kens oldest sister Patti

*****



There are oodles & oodles of other thankfullness' of Kaffy. This doesn't even scratch the surface!!

3 comments:

Jewel said...

Wow, what an amazing post!

And I feel so honored (& was so surprised to see our picture!) that we made in in your 1st list!

I am very thankful that we got back in touch with each other!

I think it is awesome that you are taking the time to do these thankful posts!

Love Ya!

Julie Welch said...

Very nice concept Kathy. I haven't posted in my blog for ages because I have been sort of down in the dumps. But now I feel better. You are so inspirational. Time for me to snap out of it!! Love you! Julie

lapepin said...

Nice story about your family. what about your other family. You haven't mentioned much about us at all.