About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Birthday time

First of all….Happy September!! Hoooray! We made it through another August!!! Life has been busy here in Scatterbrain land.










On the 23rd we celebrated my 33rd birthday by having a cookout with some neighbors, friends & a couple family members joined us. My brother JJ spent the weekend because he had football, Mrs Rinne came over, my-inlaws, Alecta, my brother Pat & his wifey Kim & their son Jeremy & my brother Joe came after Church. It almost didn’t happen because Ken decided he’d share some sort of “sickness bug” with me. We didn’t tell people they were coming to help me celebrate my birthday as I don’t feel it’s necessary for people to bring cards or gifts & I‘d hate to have people feel obligated to do so. Just sharing good food, conversation & laughs is gift enough for me. Ahhh and food we had!!!










After the food was eaten, tummies swollen, we made a bon fire in our lil chimnea & sat out for quite some time just talking. Visiting with Pat & Kim till the wee hours of night was fantastic. I don’t see my brother Pat near enough & he’s one heck of a funny guy!












When I woke on Sunday morn I was beyond sick. Darn that dear hubby of mine. I spent most of the day in bed, or the bathroom or on the couch. One time as I laid down on the den couch my fuzzy Buster climbed atop my back.


Monday the 25th was my actual birthday. We slept in & laid around the house most of the morning. I was still not up to par but I forced myself to go out & do something. We went to a matinee at the theater & came home & ordered take out from my most favoritist restraunt…Swedish Pantry. If you are ever in the Upper Peninsula it is a must & I mean absolute MUST to dine at this scrumptious place!! The food is scrumptious & the atmosphere is exquisit. This was our 1st time ordering takeout from there. There was no way I could munster up enough oomph to go dine out & I don’t think having Kleenex hanging off one’s nose is proper etiquite. It was ever so nice dining at home in our jammies with my most favorite meal from there….a cup of cheese soup, home made Swedish Rye bread, beef pot roast with green beans, mashed potatoes & bread pudding with rum sauce for desert.


I recieved several fantastic phone calls & emails & cards from friends & family wishing me a fabulous day. Ken & I went to Flynn's Flowers to use the gift certificate Ken gave me. I picked out the most awesome Angel! She came with 4 different nic nac type things to place in her arms for each season. Thank you everybody for making my birthday ultra fabulous!!!



No comments: