About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 23

There is no such thing as a favorite book for me. If you are at my house and ask me that question you will be shown my favorite books on the bookshelf in the living room, then I will show you my favorite books in the den. I'll take you by the hand and show you my cookbooks showcasing some delish recipes. Then, I will take you to the upper landing upstairs and show you those books. Then, we will go into my craft room/office where you will be shown 3 large file cabinets beaming with spectacular pattern books. We're talking knitting, crocheting, tatting, weaving, woodworking, sewing, quilting, miniature dollhouse patterns, cross stitch books...you name it. Just open the files, they are all in alphabetical order. It's like a alphabetized library of craftiness going on in those files. It's rather spiffy, if your a crafty geekoid like myself Then, if you manage to get out of that room and still have an inkling for books, like my geeky self, I'll take you into our bedroom to the three large bookcases that are lined with thrillers, biographies, fair tales, romance, true stories. Books that will scare you, make you cry, chase your dreams, inspire and piss you off.

One of the books I will always grab is "Into The Wild" I think anybody would like this book. It's an easy read. It taps into your adventurous spirit, makes you believe in your abilities, to dream, survive, it scares you, makes you laugh and cry. Oh, just believe me, it's a great book. it was also made into a movie. Must read/see. Oh, and for my Yooper friends, the main characters Mom is from the UP!! p.s. It's also a true story.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

You are just too cute! I definitely don't have as many books as you but I don't have a favorite one either! But I do love children's books the best! :)