About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 30

Twenty five years have passed since I lost my parents and I miss them more than ever.

I miss the times we had in the short 10yrs I had them, I miss their laugh, I miss my dad's lunch pail on the counter, I miss going to Red Owl with them, I miss crocheting with Mom, I miss trying to turn the channel when Dad was sleeping on the couch, I miss hearing their voice, I miss our family camping trips in the bus, I miss seeing them with their grand kids, I even miss them saying "Katherine Marie", I miss the memories we never made, I miss that they never saw me grow up, graduate, get married, I miss that they were not there when we lost our babies, when we had numerous adoptions go bad, I miss that they never met Ken, I miss watching Andy Griffith, Beverly Hillbillies and Gunsmoke with Dad, I miss listening to my Puff the magic Dragon 8-track before school with my mom, I miss going to church and taking up a whole pew with the whole Pepin family, I miss being the toast maker for our big breakfasts, I miss hearing mom holler "Kathy" from the porch like all the moms did to call their kids home, I miss the smell of moms Charlie perfume, I even miss seeing Dad's Pall Mall cigarettes. I miss when all the memories I have of them were very vivid and I didn't have to look at pictures or video to refresh my memory. I miss my Mom & Dad

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Aw, what a sweet post. I'm sorry that you lost them!

Joss said...

oh hun, I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you to have lost both your parents, sending you big virtual hugs xxx