About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Letting Go & Letting Sunshine Back In

I was uncertain what to title this post as. Last October Ken & I put our hearts back out int the world of adopting. We first joined MARE, then went into exploring the other options. We came so close to getting the most amazing little girl one has ever seen. Things seemed to be going great. I allowed myself to buy some stuff for the room, drew & painted the themes on the walls, we borrowed a crib from Ken's aunt & uncle. The whole shabang... we had everything. We were ready, our hearts completely in it.

Well, needless to say, the adopting stuff took a royal crap, as our normal luck goes. But as usual we got back up, put the pieces of our heart somewhat back together . It's a place neither of us will allow ourselves to go again. We've lost so much & picking up the pieces never gets easy. But, we've managed to go on with life. It took me awhile to use this room for any functional purpose other than a place to house the litter pans for Buster & Betsey. But I am now pleased & absolutely luv this amazing place! It was started out with such love & hope. In this room I now hope to create loving pieces of craftyness. Below are the before & after pics. Meaning...all set up for kiddo & to the now ultra fabulous Kathy's Krafty Korner!! I couldn't be more stoked!!






See the yellow blankie draped over the back of the crib? My Mom made that for me when I was in Readiness Kindnergarden to use during "nap/rest time" I cherish such things so much. It now sits on the shelf in the den. I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate it into our bedroom.

I absolutely LOVE Pooh, more specifically Eeyore. So naturally the nursery had to be in that theme. In one day I free hand drew the characters on the wall & painted them. I know, Pooh looks a bit gimpish with a wimpy arm. I've never claimed to be a good drawer. It was fun though.

She only got to play with this little kitchen a couple times. It now sits in our attic collecting dust. I'm thinking I could give it to my lil baby niece or my cousin who is opening up a fabulous daycare in her home!!

I found this adorable lamp on Ebay & totally had to have it!!
I made the cushions for the rocking chair ken's folks gave us...we were all set to spend nights rocking & lul-a-bye-ing.
Now, this is what I've transformed this baby space into! It's a craft room/office!! I've still got some work to do in there. Man, the craft stuff I have!! Yesterday I worked on the cleaning part & got inspired to make some Christmas cards. Notice a few of the blue colored jars my fabulous friends Sam & Pat gave me? I couldn't use them for food. Well I could have but to me they are way too pretty!!! They have found a new purpose now...holding my pens, markers, colored pencils, craft scissors, shells...you name it. They friggen rock!! Thank you Sammers & Pat!!



This is another windowsill in the room. I have miscellaneous things to put in the jars. This one has shells from Coco Beach in Florida. Buttons, acorns, pine cones & who knows what else will find a home in the other ones. I'm still working on cleaning remember...lol


This is one of my most favoritist things in life...YARN!!! And I have plenty!! I have it all organized by the rainbow color palette. It's so wunnaful being able to see just what I've got. I tend to go out and buy yarn just for funzies. There is a slight addiction to my yarn buying.
This part of the closet houses a small portion of my fabric. In that gorgeous basket I keep my embroidery threads. The basket was the one I bought at the gas & Steam engine show. Remember that Red Owl box I wrote of this summer that I got at a rummage sale? That now sits on the closet floor & holds stray balls of yarn from past projects. It makes me smile every time I see it. Brings me back to my childhood of weekend grocery shopping trips with Mom & Dad.
This is another part of my scrappin desk. I love how it looks out the window. Yeah, I still get the litter pans in my room. But that's ok. They will stay cleaner this way anyways. As who in tarnation would want to work in a cat smelling space? Plus the whole Pooh thing rocks my socks!!
Go Spartans!! Yup, still a big MSU gal!! The picture is blurry but in the rack there I have myriads of papers to fart around with.

I also have another desk area in this space. It's my old vanity. Actually it was my sister Chrissy's & then Laurie's...and now mine. I wish I knew how to insert a photo & move it around. I'm sure it will be included in another post...at another time. I've still got A LOT of cleaning to do up there! This is just a smidgen I've showed.
Anytootles...I've been ooberously busy cleaning, getting back to "me", crafting & all that fancy stuff. It took me many months to allow myself to claim this room as my own. My heart is healing & I am totally diggin having this Eeyoreiffic room to craft & do paperwork in!! =)


1 comment:

Jewel said...

Oh Kathy my heart goes out to you for writing this post. I'm so so sorry that you guys are at the point where you're not saving the room for a baby! I think you had it decorated awesomely! Braylon is going to be dressed in a Winnie The Pooh costume this year. To me it looks like you decorate like me...when you choose a theme...there is no doubt about the theme when you step into the room. Braylon's room is Noah's Ark & you can tell the moment you step in! Becuz there's Noah's Ark & animal stuff every where! But I'm glad to see that something good is coming out of this room for you! I would love to be able to have my very own scrapbook room! That is such a creative way to use those green canning jars! I am so impressed! But there is one thing I am disappointed in...seeing that MSU garbage can! Now that is garbage! GO BLUE! :) I didn't know you were a Spartan fan! Can we still be friends? :) GO BLUE! Just wanted to make sure you know where I stand! GO BLUE! :)