About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend in pictures

Our weekend was fantabulastic!!! We tossed around so many ideas on what to do. We ultimately decided to stick closer to home & attend the Fall Festivities in Garden, MI.









We camped at Portage Bay Campground. It's in Garden, on the other side of the peninsula tucked deep into the forest. We noticed a small sign for a campground the last time we visited Fayette, MI. Down a gravel road 7 miles lies this gem of a campground.






We quickly set up camp & set out for the Apple Orchard & used bookstore. We left the dogs in the camper while we did this.
We didn't take the camera into the Orchard place. I wish we had...it's an old school, the ceiling caving in. But the yummalicious fruits inside were well worth the visit! We bought 1 bushel of McIntosh, and another bushel of another type and a peck for my real dad. We also bought a large container of pears. They man said they are grown for Gerber baby foods. We also bought two large pumpkins, 8 medium sized gourd type pumpkins, a yummy pumpkin spice scented candle, and a cherry pitter. Once we got our fruit to the truck we bee bopped back into the building so miss Kaffy could shop till I dropped in the used bookstore!! Oh how flap jackin awesome! ken was at one end looking through books while I scoured the other end. We each put a stack of books on a table. Seriously, we, or rather, I could spend ALL day in there!! We had to hustle though if we were going to make it to Fayette to the Fall festivities. When we counted up the total amount of books there were 28!! My fave #!! That # plays such a part in mine & Ken's relationship! So this lil quinkidinkle was rather funny!!

We arrived at Fayette around 3:30 in the afternoon. Ken walked over to the old country store remains. I had to bend down to tie my shoe & saw this....YIKES!! Ken told me not to touch it. Well I had to take a closer look! It was plastic!!! Whew. It must have been part of the treasure hunt.
Deeper into the village we saw the oodles of people, all dressed up in their Halloweenie costumes. It was mostly kids, waiting to be judged in the Halloween costume contest. Next year we are totally borrowing someone's kiddos!! In the Hotel there was painting of pumpkins, across the way there was pumpkin bowling, and pumpkin ring toss. They also had refreshments & snacks.
We took a walk around the village & took a few photos. This is a view of snailshell harbor with the limestone cliffs in the distance.




As we made our way toward the inner part of the town we came upon the apple cider demonstration place. Sadly we missed the demonstration but Ken was able to kind figure out how it works.
After spending about 45 minutes in the town we decided to take a ride through the campground at Fayette. Campers were decorating their campsites for Halloween & passing out candy for trick or treaters. I so wish we would have taken photos of these campsites. These were hard core awesome!! We're talking pirate ships...in the campsites, lights, spooky witches, ghosts, and one camper had a gross dead person type thing under it. Totally scared the zoinkels outta me.


On the way out we noticed this...one honkan HUGE bee hive!!!

We got back to our campsite & stoked up a fire. I chopped up some of our yummy apples, put them in foil, sprinkled some brown sugar on them & let them cook for a lil snack.



This is a view of the beach at our campsite. All of the sites are situated lakeside. Which makes for awesome sunset watching!
Ken decided to make a fire poker with the ax...totally freaked me out! The stick turned out awesome though. =)



We figured it was time to eat sumthin before the sunset. Neither of us felt like pulling the grill out of the side compartment. So we used the campfire. The burgers turned out awesome!!


Sunset is my most favoritist time of the day. Nothing beats a sunset, even if it's on the wrong side of the lake. The sun sets on the side of the lake that Fayette is at. This campground is on the other side of the peninsula. It offered a different perspective...still ultra pretty!!
Ken & I sat on the beach bundled up in a blankie & watched as the sun made it's decent...such a wunnaful way to spend an evening with my ultra fabulous hubby that I love so much!!!






1 comment:

Liz said...

no wonder we didn't see you! we got there at 11 and left and 1:30