About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Oh wow! I haven't been too blogumentative lately!!! Last week was a real wanker of a feeling week. Ken got home on Wednesday night & took the rest of the week off. Let me tell you, it was awesome to have my hubby home. Especially when I am feeling like a fart in a jar!

We did some movie watching, snuggling on the couch, finished up the outside stuff that needed to be done before it starts to snow, did a lil shopping & cooking & attended my lil brother's last football game (which they won by the way), took my littlest brother & Maddy to our friends sons birthday party & watched the race yesterday. I'm certain I am forgetting stuff but that's the jist of it. Total awesome time though just chillin with the hubby, going to bed late & sleeping in. Oh and get this...I actually slept!!! I've always had problems sleeping.





Anytootles, last night I began the task of cutting up Ken Gpa's old shirts. It'll be 3 yrs on Jan 1st that Gpa passed away. The bag of clothes has been in the closet ever since. Well I'd really like to make something for Ken for Christmas. Something with meaning. I don't know if it's that I'm getting older but the store bought stuff just doesn't rock my socks. Sure, there are nice things but the whole hustle bustle of it all really annoys me. I guess it seems like all too often people only care about the gift they recieve. I have to admit, I was a lil snot bucket when I was a kid & it totally revolved around the gifts. Perhaps I am getting old...
anyways, back to the cutting of the shirts. Ken is not the easiest person to buy for & well, the man has everything. He doesn't know I am making him one. He thinks it's for his parents. So please, if you know him or see him don't mention it. (He never reads my blog) I guess that's a good thing. LOL

McKenzie wanted to help....isn't she precious!!! I think she realized "Mommy" was kinda sad doing this. So this was her way of making me smile =)




I've also been working on some other lil projects. I can't say who they are for because they are gifts & I have family who reads this.















This week I need to rent a rug doctor & get the carpets done...on November 1st we begin the fantabulastic task of putting up Christmas trees, Villages, lights, more lights, garlands, angels, manger...oh what fun! I can hardly wait!!!

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Oooh, I absolutely adore & love those hand bags/purses!!! Did you make those??? You are so awesomely creative!!!

Kathy said...

Yeah, I made the lil handbags out of the left over squares I used for the afghan. Sewed them together, sewed in a coordinating liner & crocheted a handle. Hope my nieces like them =)