About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Monday, October 27, 2008

A rock A Bama

A Rock A Bama....that's what my lil 6yr old brother spoke of the second we pulled up to his parents house to pick him up to take him to our friends son's birthday party on Saturday.

He says, "Hi Kathy, A Rock A Bama's 2 men were here. They work for the United States of America & A Rock A Bama wants to be the President of the United States." I asked him what two men...which he replied "A Rock A Bama's" He continued telling me how A Rock A Bama wants to become our president, and is a very important man & the two men who walked by their house works for the United States of America. Man, that kid is sumthin else!!

Now today while talking to Donna on the phone I told her about Jesse's conversation with me about "A Rock A Bama" We both got a good laugh about that. Well apparently I talk loud. So loud that Maddy heard me & starting playing the mocking bird saying "A Rock A Bama" She's 2...and a flippen hoot!!!

I am in no way shape or form stating in this post whom I am voting for for the President. I know for me it's so hard & I take it very seriously. On Friday both Ken & I picked up our absentee ballots. I have to admit I am scared to make the wrong choice. I'd like to think my vote matters...even though the majority vote does not elect the future president...which boggles my brain. That whole electoral thing bugs the skittles out of me.

I'm sure my posting this next thing I will step on people's toes & their belief's but it's my blog with my ideas & beliefs. There are 2 proposals we are voting on...one for the legalization of marijuana for medical purposes & another for stem cell research. I am all for both of these.

I haven't seen one sign supporting the stem cell research but I know several with my same views. These are my thoughts about both of these proposals...stem cell research may just provide us with a cure for cancer, for MS & who knows what else. There are some people who disagree with this, that stem cell research is playing God. I know this is a highly sticky subject with so many. But ya know, this is how I look at it...God wouldn't have given the scientists such wondrous brains if they weren't meant to use them. So yeah, I'm all for it & pray that we can get some cures for such horrible diseases!!

Medical marijuana...it's been proven to help alleviate pain in cancer patients. Now I know if my bones were being invaded by the evil C word I would not want to be in my right mind anyway!!

Anytootles, it's so important to vote!! If you don't you have no place to complain because you didn't try to help better the future!!

No comments: