About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You can do it too!!

Recently my friend Becky posted about it being National Make A Difference Day this Sunday. They have to have a holiday for this?!?!

Making a difference has always been my hope in life. I try to do little things in hopes to make someones day. Even if it's a smile or a random card...whatever the case may be.

Everybody is capable of doing something that can & will make a difference. Imagine, this. You hear a fantastically funny joke, pass it on to several of your friends, they do the same & so on & so forth...now providing the joke is funny for everybody you have been a smidgen of the contribution to that person smile.

We all go shopping... Would it hurt to open the door for someone? What about that old lady reaching for the product on the top shelf?

Garbage...I have a 93yr old neighbor who takes walks everyday. He carries a garbage bag with him & picks up strewn garbage. He's making a difference to our environment.

I hope that the cards I send every week to my chemo buddy makes her smile. If you haven't heard of the Chemo Angel program I highly recommend checking it out. How amazing is it to have the opportunity to make someone smile just by letting them know you care & are rooting them on in their hopes for good health.

I have this amazing friend...yeah I'm talking about Shash. Her & I send random cards & gifts to each other "just because" How amazing to open the mailbox & find fun mail!!

All my life my goal has been to make a difference. I don't need to be aknowledged if I do...but I hope my time here has made a difference.

So what are your plans National Make a Difference Day?

1 comment:

DJP said...

Hi Kathy,

You REALLY do make a difference! So many times we can't see it for ourselves, but others see it and experience it.

Your cards to your chemo friend is a way you make a difference.

Your writing your heart out on this blog makes a differnce.

Your sharing how much you love your husband makes a difference.

Your being my sister makes a difference to me.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Love, Darryl