About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Foodie Friday: Soft Pretzels

Recently my new blog friend Melanie posted this recipe over on her blog. I whipped up a batch last week & let me tell you!! We will never, I mean NEVER go back to purchasing frozen soft pretzels...ever. Get my point? If I were you, I'd be bop myself over to her post at http://thedyingartofkeepinghouse.blogspot.com/2010/02/frugal-friday-make-your-own-pretzels.html for the recipe. Make yourself a batch of these for the weekend. Heck, who says they have to be for the weekend. If you are like Ken & myself they will not even last through the weekend!!

I dunked mine in cheese, had them warm with butter, plain, salted and I bet they'd kick all sorts of butt with cream cheese. The possibilities are endless folks!! Enjoy your weekend & do something fun with your loved ones.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I sprinkle mine with sea salt then dunk in melted butter. Don’t get me started on butter, I’ll never stop! Thanks for the accolades; it’s always lovely to know what I write about affects someone. I do try! If I wasn’t cooking Thai food tonight, I’d make more pretzels - maybe tomorrow!

Jewel said...

These sound yummy...I absolutely love pretzels. So I bopped on over to her page & printed off the recipe for me to make in the near future!

Jewel said...

P.S. I bought all the ingredients yesterday to make your Beef Roast in the crockpot! Can't wait!

Kathy said...

You are going to love the pretzels Jewel!! They are out of this galaxy awesome!! Let me know how you like the roast.