About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lookie Here

Meet my new friend...she doesn't have a name yet & I'm not sure if she'll ever have one...but she's brand spankan new. Even the dent on the lower left hand corner was put in there by us...well the hubby actually cuz he really doesn't exhibit much as far as patience goes & he ran into the door while carrying it. Hence why he's not a doctor!! Ok, that was lame!!

We had an old jalopy of a washer that came with the house when we bought it. But she worked nicely until...she had a sudden seize this past week. She would fill up with water & it wouldn't drain or spin at all. Her twirling days were over...Ken was thinking he would be able to fix her, that it would be mechanical. But alas, her motherboard or something electronical went on her & we had to part with the 20 something year old beaut.

We both had desires to get a front load energy efficient model. Those things are beyond gorgeous & are supposed to save big buckaroos & are way awesome for the environment. All pluses in our book. We did some research & found that their electronical system lasts about 5 yrs...now, to pay a handful of hundred $$$'s or a grand or more how would that save us any money at all in the long run seeing we'd be replacing it in a handful of years? We priced them around town, checked online to see what they usually go for, did comparisons & in the end we bought this one at Sears. Don't get me wrong, the dandy bright, shiny green front loading green beaut had me almost drooling, envisions of doing laundry in it were running through my head. I could picture me with that having "loads" of fun with her. Really. That's how pathetic I am. I quickly snapped out of it & told Ken I would love to have the Kenmore in the picture. Anything with the name Ken in the brands works for me =) I anticipate a long, productive life for her.

After she was installed, the 1st load put in we started gutting our den/dinging room. Talk about chaos!!

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Awe, she's a beauty! You should be proud of her! :)

Camille said...

Hopped over from Mavis' blog and this struck a chord with me. I have the front load washer and let me tell you...there are pros and cons to everything! :) You will be very happy with your new machine I am sure...and it will get the job done. After all, that's what it's all about!

Enjoy doing loads with her!
Camille