About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Monkey Business

One of the projects I am working on: A stuffed crocheted monkey for my dear friend's baby shower this weekend. They are having a girl & the nursery is going to have a monkey theme. It's going to be rather big...hopefully baby Ava won't be afraid of it!! Ok, off to work on my monkey business...literally =)

5 comments:

Jewel said...

Oh my, Kath, you are so ultra fabulastic AMAZING!

troubling stars said...

Fun to meet you! Thanks for the link. Spinning my own yarn (maybe even from my own sheep?!) is on my life list of things to do. It just seems rich and whole and once upon a time normal. Where did you find your spinning wheel? Any tips for how to start?

Kathy said...

I bought my spindle from a woman at the Gas and Steam Engine Show at our Fair. She makes them. I bought the spindle and a few ounces of wool/alpaca roving. I watched the woman spin for a lil while, took my supplies home & tried to reciprocate what she showed me. I then searched online on how to use a spindle & so on & so forth. I can assure you, it's calming and so rewarding spinning your own. I hope to dye this batch naturally with tea or leaves. It is also one of my dreams to own a sheep and alpacca and rabbits to produce my own fibre. As for tips, just do it. You will be hooked =)

Tami said...

Looking forward to seeing your finished project!!

It's me ...Mavis said...

I want to see the finished piece too!