About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Friday, June 27, 2008

A day of looking through the window

I spent most of last night downstairs dealing with being a dizzy spinny mess. When the sun began to rise I took a peek out our front window & this is what I saw...Our Asiatic Lilies are finally blooming!! We have about 5 or 6 of these plants in our front flower garden & a few in our side gardens. So far this is the only plant in bloom. The others are just waiting to burst open with color!! I can't wait!


The other day I was busy cleaning the house. Well usually my Buster Brown is always at my heels. He's a real Mama's boy if I do say so myself. Well that day he wasn't in my every footstep. This is where I found him all snug as a bug in a rug. We had put the kitty house upstairs because neither of our cats were intersted in it anymore & they are pretty much to big for this house. Well ever since we took it downstairs & put it in front of the window in the dining room you can catch Betsey & Buster catching some snoozes on it.



This is the lil critter I have been feeding. I think I'll call him Theodore. I spent much of today feeling like crap today with mm stuff so I sat in the back screen room & crocheted. Well once lil Theodore mozied in the yard I tossed a handful of almonds in the yard.


It kept me, I mean HIM entertained for hours. It's amazing just how many nuts they can cram in the lil pouches of their mouth.


Once all the almonds were gathered up he'd look at me as if he were saying "hey lady, where's some more"

We also have a neighborhood bunny bee boppan around that a few of us neighbors feed. I haven't been able to snap a photo of him munchin yet. In the back yard is where the hummingbirds frequent & in the front we have two lil woodpeckers that hang out in the lilac tree.

Even though our home is situated on a half a city lot we're lucky to have a quaint lil critter habitat to enjoy.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

We have lilies also that have buds on them, they haven't bloomed yet. When I saw yours made me anxious to have mine bloom! I don't know what kind they are...I just know them as Easter Lilies. That is a cute picture of Buster Brown!