About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Neighbors

Here's something you haven't heard me say in a LONG time... I LOVE my neighbors!!!


Last summer this neighborhood went to pot...literally. Who knows what else they were cultivating in their garage. But ever since they were evicted this spring our whole neighborhood has been rather swellacious!! We are able to put our patio furniture outside this year without worrying about it coming through our window, my flowers are growing, and it's been so awesome letting the dogs out & not having some scum bum on my back steps. I don't think I have seen the cops around either. Which was a common sight before.












My algebra teacher from High School lives across the alley from us. I go over there often & visit & give their adorable doggie treats. We always exchange Christmas cards & when I bake I bring over a plate of goodies to a few of my neighbors. Well yesterday I saw my algebra teachers wife outside so I grabbed a few doggie biscuits for Sammy & bee bopped over to say hello. She handed me two lil boxes that she had bought for me. It's not my birthday or anything I told her. She then went on to say she wanted to get something for me for our anniversary but we were always on the road. In one of the boxes was lil tubes of lipstick/gloss. Now those that really know me I am a lipgloss whore if you will. If I could only wear one thing it would be lipgloss. I know...silly. In the other box was a tropical smelling candle. Ohhh how I love candles!!!!







I kept telling her she didn't have to do that & was very thankful. She went on to tell me that seeing her daughter lives so far away she thinks of me as the daughter she never had & decided to adopt not only me but my Kenny as well. I left there with tears in my eyes that someone could be so nice.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Oh wow sweet! It makes life so much easier when you like your neighbors, eh? We like our neighbors too! Ok, who's your high school algebra teacher?