About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Join Us!! In The Relay For Life!!!

This weekend I am going to honor & remember very special individuals who have touched my life in so many ways by participating in the Relay For Life. It starts on Friday at 1pm at the Gladstone Athletic Field & continues to Saturday at 1pm. We didn't have enough time to form a team of my own so I plan on walking with Ken's Uncle Don & Aunt Betty & Family. Uncle Don is a prostate cancer survivor.
















I'm also doing this for other inspirational people as well.













In memory of my Dad. Dad lost his battle with colon cancer in 1986. I was only 10yrs old at the time when Dad passed away so I don't have too many memories of him not being sick. I do remember his strength though & he fought his cancer till the very end.












I also do this in Memory of Ken's Grandpa Woodbury who died 2yrs ago from Cancer. The man was a genius & an amazing man...one of my heros.











I also do this in memory of my friend Shana's brother Brian who lost his life just a few years ago due to cancer. Brian was a fun loving amazing kiddo & he will never be forgotten.
I do this in honor of Ken's Nana Woodbury who is a breast cancer survivor of 31yrs.


















Also my friend Becky is who is a 15yr survivor of the blood cancer called Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
Most importantly I do this for my friend's beautiful Mom who has been & still is battling this horrible disease.



















I hope for a cure everyday. I think if we all just do a little bit we can make a huge difference & hopefully kick Cancer's arse!! Won't you come join us in the Relay For Life?

events.cancer.org/rfldeltacomi

No comments: