About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On Being Beautiful

I’m not one to sit out in the sun & let myself bake to a crisp to achieve the golden brown skin so many of us desire. I have no desire to sport a leather handbag-like appearance & I am not going to subject myself to skin cancer inhibitors without the proper protection. Like people practice safe sex and abstinence I practice proper sunshine protection. I still go outside & enjoy the rays in hopes of achieving a nice toasted marshmallow color. But it will have to get through my SPF 1st.














I used to go to tanning beds & apply just oil with no SPF & I’ve burned myself a few times. Not to mention the headaches & fits of dizziness that too much heat gives me. I now use this “fake bake” stuff when my natural ghost like appearance needs a hint of color. I’ve found great results with the Clinique’ line & the Neutrogena line as well. It was on a live & learn basis however. I don’t know how many off the wall products I’ve tried to only turn out with what I’d call an “oompaLoompa” type complexion.















What really makes me giggle is when I see these sun-lords soaking in oodles of damaging UV rays in hopes to achieve an even darker shade of skin. Instead they carve deeper wrinkles & achieve a more leathery appearance. These same sun lords are apt to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars in hopes to achieve younger looking skin… Where is the sense in that?


While I’m on the topic of looks allow me to elaborate a bit…

















What ever happened to “It’s what’s on the inside that matters?” Too often people judge others based on their outwardly appearances. I believe that is why so many people are vain & embarrassed about certain things with their appearances. I have had my own issues with this but have gotten much better since I learned to accept I have faults & it’s out of my control.









I am blessed to have beautiful people in my life. Some have glasses, some are dark skinned & some are light, some have crooked noses, some have fuzzy unruly hair like myself, some are dislexic, some are deaf, some are chubby & some are unable to gain weight, some have gray hair, and some are bald or going bald, some have MM & walk like a drunkan sailor, some have small eyes & some have bright wide eyes, some can’t afford to be up with the fashion scene & wear second hand clothes, some have a stutter. These are just a handful of outwardly things the BEAUTIFUL people in my life possess... and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

2 comments:

Jewel said...

That was a nice tribute to your BEAUTIFUL friends!

Anitra Cameron said...

What a great post. We do put too much emphasis on looking good, and I include myself in that. I have beautiful friends, too, and can add elderly, very young, and one-eyed (he really does wear a black patch!) to your list. They're all lovely, beautiful people where it counts--in their hearts.

Thanks for the smile, and dose of sweet wisdom.