About Me

My photo
I'm a bit silly & I like to make people laugh. People tell me I'm rather loud but I am usually quiet until I get to know you. I love life, I live life to the fullest & treat others as I would like to be treated.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Elbow deep in Yarn!!

Remember how I said in my Mindless Pitter Patter post how I enjoy crafts, especially crocheting?
This is what I've been up to.
My swellacious friend in NY had her baby last Tuesday. Her husband is an avid NY Yankees fan so I decided I'd swallow my pride & try to whip up something with a Yankees theme.
Being a die hard Boston Red Sox fan made it a bit akward but I have to admit it was oodles of fun designing the pattern & I hope it fits the lil guy.
I can't wait to box em up & send them off!!! =)
The Back view

The Front View

Below is the NY Yankees set I came up with.....

The Back of the Yankee Sweater



Below is the green wedding ring patterned afghan I am currently working on.

I hope to have it done soon so I can box it up & send it to someone special I have in mind!! =)


I had intended to have this afghan below done in time for Ken's aunt's wedding a few years back but it was my first one of this pattern & I didn't have it completed until way after the wedding.
Once I had it done Ken claimed it anyways so it takes up residence on our recliner.





I have a few other crochet projects & sewing projects in mind that I'd like to finish in time for Christmas.

I have always wanted to do this but this year I have vowed to try to craft all of my gifts & stay out of the hustle bustle of it all in hopes of creating treasured goodies for my family & fantabulastic friends!!



2 comments:

Sue said...

Oh my goodness, that Yankee sweater set is just adorable! I wish I had a baby boy to put in that!

Jewel said...

Kathy---you do such an awesome job! I love those 2 baby sweaters. And your afghans. You need to sell your stuff! I would have no clue where to start if I wanted to do one! What wonderful talent you have!